CFP 3 Screenshots

Bleh! I like the current GUI much better. Hopefully you can make it skinnable so that we can keep the current color scheme.

I like the layout/structure better because it’s definitely more organized and every component is more aligned, but the colours could be better:

White is plain. The orange shield and red marker doesn’t mix well with the dark teal/greyish blue highlighted headings, but can probably be fine if on their own or combined with other colours.

it is skinnable :slight_smile:

Melih

That skinning idea/suggestion already implemented? (:CLP)

Great screenshot! With the final name (lets see what will come :slight_smile: ) and the colour back to default and it’s perfect!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Unfortunately you’ll find it nigh impossible to please everbody. That being said…It’s a little too washed out. The colours need more defining i.e. more contrast. It’s essentially too pale for my tastes.

Oh, and you might wanna rename “miscellaneous” to something a little more professional. E.g. Settings, tools etc. Using such a word tells the user that the designers couldn’t figure out what to call it. This reflects badly on your product (more importantly - its abilities). Basic marketing/commerce. Sorry if that sounded harsh - just trying to be helpful :wink:

Of course, its what’s under the ‘hood’ that matters.

Yeah, but in this case it seems ‘Miscellaneous’ means Miscellaneous :stuck_out_tongue:

There are quite a few things under that Misc button… that would not fit to a single description of settings or tools etc…
its not that we don’t know where they fit, its just that if we tried to put everything on the top bar, then it would take a huge space… hence misc acts as a gateway to sub menus kind of thing…
you will see what i mean when you start playing with your copy on 7th :slight_smile:

Melih

Yes, the main window stays clean and simple. Me likes!

Well done! Looks very elegant, but like someone wrote I also whish to have more contrast in colours. So, the skin feature seems interesting. Will Comodo provide extra skins? Can we make them ourselves? :slight_smile:

As for the ‘Miscellaneous’ word, having English as my second language (and not being particularly experienced) I can say that I have always liked that word very much. Now if it comprises more than settings and options, I suppose it is perfectly suitable.

I agree to that, it is a nice word!

The new GUI seems very nice!
It have a more professional look…

Good work… :wink:

Keep going…

Perhaps you agree because we are both Swedish :slight_smile:

/L

It is a fine screenshot!

Good luck!

Andreas

Thanks for the screenshot :). I have to admit that I prefer the current colours better but as they say, it’s whats under the hood that counts. Really looking forward to the 7th (R).

:slight_smile:

Good luck and I like the new interface better. Still stylish but less bold/bright. I also like the use of green. Green is my preferred computer color scheme.

7 June … that is a Thursday (:WIN) (just checked).

This screenshot looks nice but I kinda liked the 2.4’s more colorfull theme and the logo looks better and more detailed in 2.4

I agree :slight_smile:

The screenshot look nice and clean, but it’s a bit lifeless. Put some colour in it, just as we have now.

(V)

How about using a few end-drop down menus like in the toolbars in Microsoft Office products? That would solve your space issue.

Gals and guys: I was the first to point out the shortcomings of the colours, but as Melih already replied, this won’t be a problem because:

The spacing is something to think about, especially when dealing with other languages like Greek that have very long words.