CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA - Questions about how it works [CLOSED]

Who can talk something about “My Own Safe Files” ?

Re above post: Tried allow all so I would not have to uninstall but upon rebooting CFP had gone back to train with safe mode.

So if that changes during shut down or while boot up I don’t know but it would explain a few things.
Oh well I can’t be alone hopefully and if I’m missing something obvious then let me know so I can stop pulling out my hair lol.
Zos

Edit: Looked at network not defense lol. Defense is still disabled.

I don´t know why 283 files (!) are waiting for my review?

Andreas

[attachment deleted by admin]

you can use wildcards anywhere you can enter a text string.

Comodo Firewall Pro V 3.0.9.229 beta works under Vista.

Question. How clear the well defined port in uTorrent?

I install
In uTorrent, Options > Preferences.

Click on “Connection”.

Uncheck “Randomize port”.

How this to tune in Comodo Firewall Pro V 3.0.9.229 beta?

In See:
Open: “Firewall/Network Security Policy/Global Rules/Add/Destination Port/A Single Port/”
ALLOW TCP or UDP In From IP Any to IP Any Where Source Port is Any and Destination port is [your utorrent port]

[attachment deleted by admin]

There’s always a risk when installing Beta software of undesirable effects on the system.I’d always advise using a util such as Zsoft Uninstaller before trying out a Beta.That way if there are severe problems it can be uninstalled completely and all registry changes reverted back.that should ensure that the ‘old’ version can be reinstalled without problems.

Thank you for your reply , I find only “*” can be used , if I use “?” , the rule will not work , is it like that ? And I don’t know what is “My Own Safe Files” used to do , could you talk about it ? Thank you .

this edition is too easy to crash^
when I click it or right click it ^
but its starting speed is good^

Then you can move the files fom My Pending List to “My Own Safe Files”

I finally installed it. 2 little problems :

• after installing and reboot, the windows installer tried to reinstall a program that was already installed on my PC (ie. omnipage) ??? ??? I had to uninstall it not to have the installer after each reboot.

• I tought that something like Memory guardian was in the v3 firewall. But when I run BO Tester, if I block mem access, it shows “error” instead of protected… And if I allow it, it shows “vulnerable” … what’s the trouble ? For themoment, I keep Memory Guardian ON.

Has anybody got switch user working in XP?
No problems with Vista apart from extra entries of cfp.exe (Train with Safe Mode)
Dennis

Fast User Switching worked well here on XP SP2 but I got troubles logging off one user (black screen).
I’ve not tested a finetuned D+ ruleset to make all relevant windows component trusted, though.

Fast User Switching
That is the problem I can switch to another user but logoff that user and cannot get back to orginal user computer locks up.

I am havng issues connecting to a basic VPN at work from my home pc on Vista x64. I’ve tried zones and all, but I am not doing something obviously, as others have been able to get VPN working without too much trouble. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can switch back and forth but I cannot logoff. I have not enabled learn all though as I usually prefer learn only safe. Maybe It is possible to make logoff work but I’ve not finetuned my rules to test this.

Hi, I have Emule, since I install the beta I have “low ID”, what do I need to allow the Emule work with “High ID”?
thanks.

Memory Guardian is yet to be included on CFP. It will be soon though, might not be in 3.0 but maybe on 3.1…

Melih

CFP 3.0 is a wonderful and powerful firewall.

But you changed the alert “remember my answer” system. CFP 2.4 and CFP previous hadn´t standard checked (selected) “remember my answer”.

Please, users need a possibility to configure if “remember my answer” of alerts is standard setting checked or unchecked (selected or unselected).

Thanks for evaluation,

Andreas

Thank you Andreas.
We have already noted your wish from your other postings :slight_smile:

thanks
Melih