CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA - Questions about how it works [CLOSED]

Nope that was only a sample screenshoot to save me some keystrokes :stuck_out_tongue: (one image is better than many words ;D)
The only rules needed are inbound posts for those P2P apps.

Assuming there is no ongoing compatibility issue we have to check your configuration please submit as many screenshot you can during this process.

From now on we should test with V3 Firewall part Disabled (Allow all) If those apps still don’t wotk the issue is somewhere else.

Just to have a better understanding of your scenario did you disable UPNP before you uninstalled your previous firewall?
Emule has a random ports option too is that disabled?
What is your router brand/model?

Please reset your log again and use the test port buttons in utorrent and emule (look at the images I posted).
Post the log here.

The blocked System Idle Process entries are not relevant so don’t bother to write them down.

I have no idea it’s using port 1823, I have never configured this. I have disabled UPnP in my router settings, and it’s still the same as before. I have not touched my router configuration since it was fine before.

1. I have set Firewall and Defence + Security Level to disabled.
  2. My router has UPnP enabled and there wasn’t a problem with my previous firewall.
  3. Emule has a random port option? Where?
  4. Netgear DG834G on Firmware version V1.10.10

Screenshots to follow.

Anty

Anty
Did you check the registry after you uninstalled Kerio Firewall because it left some entries in Legacy_ (I think fwdvr) on my computer and I found Kerio mention after installing CPF3 in Comodo details in the registry.
Dennis

How do I check and get rid of this? ???

Hmm there isn’t any new entries in firewall log, so I couldnt test and paste any new block events related to the apps. Shall I switch back to v2.4 and do some configuration?

Thanks everyone

Anty

I lost something along the way. When those app worked was UPNP enabled?

In order to use UPNP with V3 you need to use the stealth wizard to add your Create a Trusted Zone for your lan.
Then you need to create few rules for System process explorer.exe and svchost.exe.
Anyway since those apps aren’t working we can skip this step and test with V3 disabled.

Emule random post setting is not placed in the same section and varies among emule flavours and versions

http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/7156/stulleconnection4ae.png

Please run the test port buttons

Indeed UPnP was enabled before (since I first got the router, a few years ago) and it was working. Have now disabled it and nothing has changed.

Using eMule v0.47c, and couldn’t find random port anywhere.

"Starting TCP connection test…
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed.

Connection test finished. "

I’ve disabled comodo and neither apps are working. Could it be something about kerio registry like Dennis said?

Cheers

Anty

I don’t get this line. ???

Did emule work with UPNP disabled?
Did you disable UPNP when kerio was installed?

In order to find a possible solution we have to know the last working configuration you had when P2P worked.

Sorry if I wasn’t very clear :-[

UPNP does not work with UPNP disabled
UPNP wasn’t disabled when kerio was installed.

Last time p2p worked was when I had kerio firewall, with UPNP enabled (router), all ports forwarded (router and firewall).

Thanks

Ok then let’s try this first: Disable CFP an enable UPNP in your router and emule or utorrent then use the test port buttons.

Still the same thing :frowning:

Starting TCP connection test…
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed.

Connection test finished.

Ok then export the CFP log, compress it and post here.
Then post your inbound services settings and your emule events log entries (copy and paste them in a text file).
Post a Pic of your emule connection settings too
Please let us know if you PC has a fixed IP or not.
If your pc has not a fixed private LAN IP your actual IP changes If another PC was booted up before yours.

[attachment deleted by admin]

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4890/cfplogssg3.th.png

After clearing the logs last night, no more events are being recorded ???

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/632/inboundvq6.th.png

Emule events log entries in CFP? Or event log implemented in eMule? :-[

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/192/emulerp2.th.png

I think I have fixed IP (Local Area Connection status → Support-> IP Address 192.168.0.3 - It has been this all the time)

The log can be exported loading CFP Log viewer pressing More… button from Firewall\Common Tasks\View firewall Events…
Emule log can be found in the servers tab
Ok port forwarding seem to be OK anyway please confirm that you created two services for emule in your router using Security\Add Custom Service button: 4662/TCP 4672/UDP

Anyway please Export your ruleset using CFP Miscellaneou\Manage My configuration\Export then boot in safe mode and uninstall CFP.
after you uninstalled CFP from safemode don’t reboot.

Instead use this procedure and look for non PNP devices in Device Manager looke for any remnants of kerio.

Take screenshoots and reboot.

Uniinstalling CFP should at least prove if it is a compatibility issue or not.

I play WoW and i’m stuck on a problem with blizzard downloader. Download don’t start even with the correct rule applied and the program on trusted application.
Someone got some ideA?

When are themes going to be available?

Themes won’t be released until after the final relaese

I hope COMODO will release some inf on craeting themes for some. who like to play

OD

Hey all,

Have a look in

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Data\ResFiles

You’re on your own from here on. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Sorry Panic,
I don´t know what you are talking about
…\Application Data\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Data\ResFiles
does not exist on my PC

nor do I know in response to whose post in regards to which subject you are talking about.

OD

I have this directory on my machine. It contains all the ico files in the default theme. :SMLR