CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA - Questions about how it works [CLOSED]

We are aiming for the next week. Lets see.

Good luck!

:BNC :BNC :BNC

Hash based systems such as CPF 2.4 do not have their own file system monitors. Thats why they have to keep hashes. CFP 3 has real time knowledge of the changes in the file system thus it does not need to keep hashes.

If you create a bogus file, delete/rename an existing exe an rename that file to exe you deleted/renamed when V3 is closed, that file will be added to My pending list once you restart V3.

This should not happen. Can you tell me the exact steps to reproduce this?

Thx,
egemen

I hope the archatecture is compatable with 3.0.9 , as I I think I have gotten my rules working almost like I like them.

With the exception of some problems with D+ creating duplicate rules.

OD

I’ve not seen this. Is it just happening or is there a specific way of making D+ create duplicates?

Kail,
you can read my bug report below with snapshots
I can not force it to reproduce it is automatic
It could be a bug with safelist

OD

Dennis2 indicated he is seeing some thing similar though not in those exact words
I believe he he is correct it has something to do with the truncated path

I’m getting a ton of log entries which tell me System Idle Process is Blocking various ICMP requests. Is this normal or something I should worry about?

You are not going to like my solution! I turned off the firewall, connected to the remote network using the vpn connection, and then turned the firewall back on. I have been poking around Comodo looking for a firewall setting to tweak. I can see an active connection between “System” and port 1723 but the trail goes cold there.

Thanks much - I was wondering what the heck was going on since I was on a new vista install and had torrent issues and then discovered it was comodo. Little bit of a hassle but very nice

Thank you Comodo - great product!

???
(V)

Hi, comodo support team and fans,

Does comodo firewall personal v. 3.0 beta (the last release) include a file protection and restriction to the Physical Memory access ? Do I have to add another freeware softwares like drivesentry or sensiveguard ? Is it worth to add one of them softwares together with CFP 3.0 beta last release? May they conflict with cfp 3.0 beta ? Do you intend to add this kind of protection for next feature? What’s your recommendation about it? Best Regards.

(J)

(CLY)

Hi, buddies!
(CNY) (CNY)

Who knows about it? Does CFP 3.0 match with Sandboxie ? Have you noticed some conflicts? Sandboxie it’s a great security donationware at the http://www.sandboxie.com. Best Regards.

:THNK

No problems or conflicts with Sandboxie 3.01. (Windows XP)
Dennis

Hey guys, first of all, brilliant program! Currently using the beta release.

However, I couldn’t get any utorrent and emule connection, despite that I have followed the tutorial (https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorials_a_compiled_resource-t6167.0.html;msg45504#msg45504)

Now I look at the firewall events window, and I see a list of blocked utorrent and emule events, hence I have not opened the ports properly?

Btw I have also disabled UPnP mapping in utorrent.

Many thanks!

Anty

I will let the developers answer this one
That a good question. I believe the answer is noYes but i will let him answer or correct me

Edit: that’s why I let Egemen answer

That,s what i get for thinking without first investigating (:SHY)
I was going down for first time, but I got a hand that pulled me back to the surface
Thanks Egemen

OD

Hi There,

Yes. It has protection against these type of attacks and much more. Types of protections it offers can be seen by looking at Defense±>Monitor Settings.

Hope this helps,
Egemen

Has Comodo in V3 fixed the procedure to access shares among computers in the LAN?

Because in V2, I couldnt access my other computers to share the printer.Therefore, I couldn’t print. I uninstalled V2 and I can print!

So I hope V3 fixes this!

Josh :slight_smile:

Josh, sorry you didn’t get enough help with the printer issue. That should be simply a matter of creating appropriate network rules; generally the “trusted network” (as per your only response) is sufficient. It’s also common that a previous firewall (especially ZA) does not properly uninstall and the remnants conflict with the new FW. It is good to use SafeMode to both uninstall and install security applications.

Basically, v3 has no more difficulty accessing network shares than v2 has… But configuring v3 may actually be a bit easier, due to its architecture. :wink:

LM

Welcome to the forums, antery ~

Will you take the following steps:

Clear the firewall logs. Then run one of your p2p applications. Export the log and post your excerpts here (you can mask/edit your external IP with “x” for privacy, if it shows in the logs).

Then clear the logs again, run the other p2p app. export logs, etc.

When you post your excerpts, we only need to see the first couple entries for each application.

Oh, and one quick question, have you allowed the p2p apps in Application Monitor?

Also, have you moved the Network rules up above the very bottom Block & Log All rule?

Tnx,

LM

PS: I’ve moved your post to the Beta board, as you indicate that’s the product you’re using.

Hi Little Mac / antery,

uTorrent has a random port option (can’t rember if it’s on by default), before any logs or rules are made please make sure it is turned off or you will be making lots of rules :slight_smile:

Cheers

Joe345

Hallo Anty,
Do those apps work if CFP firewall is disabled?

Please look at your emule and utorrent ports and post them here

http://www.bootstrike.com/Articles/BitTorrentGuide/images/networksetup.gif

http://www.emule-project.net/home/files/help/onlinehelp/topic122_1174438622_1.jpg

Check this quote to make sure you disabled utorrent random ports:

If UPnP is not available or does not work, it will be necessary to forward the port manually.

Since we want to forward a single port, we need to set the listen port for µTorrent:

To set a single port, navigate to Options > Preferences > Connections

Click “random port” once, and note the port number provided.
This will be the port number you will be forwarding in your router. (You may also assign a port number of your choice)

Uncheck “Randomize port each time µTorrent starts.” The port number will no longer change each time µTorrent is started.

Also If UPNP is disabled you need to forwad those ports in your router please confirm you did this.

Next step is to allow those ports in V3 Firewall Global rules. Make them the topmost rules in your list or make sure to move them on top of Block all incoming requests rule.