CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA has been released! [CLOSED]

Hi guys,

We would like to announce the availability of the COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.9.229.
There are many fixes and improvements in this release. Here are a few of them :

Previous configurations exported are not compatible with this one because of the major arhitectural changes. So please try clean install only.

Major changes

1 - Summary section has been finalized
2 - Introduced 2 new modes for the Defense+ : “Installation Mode” and “Clean PC Mode”
3 - Introduced “Pseudo-COM” interface protection : which protects priviledge escellation and other serious operaing system services e.g. service control manager
4 - The Defense+ now learns during the booting and related BSOD(SESSION_INITIALIZATION_FAILED3) bug has been fixed
5 - Configuration Import/Export windows has been redesigned
6 - Many Vista and x64 based bugs fixed
7 - Defense+ Common Tasks section has been redesigned
8 - Firewall Stealth Logic has been slightly changed to improve compatibility with various advanced network confiurations
9 - Automatic detection of new private networks added

Known Issues:

1 - Firewall DoS protection is not active right now
2 - Tips are not active right now
3 - The default configuration does not contain all critical resources e.g. registry keys, COM interfaces etc.
4 - There are compatibility issues with some other security products waiting for investigation

Edit : We do realize that we should provide a very good documentation about CFP 3 in detail. So sorry for the lack of documentation in these beta versions.

Regards,
Egemen

[b]Moderator Edited part[/b]

Edit: Please post Bugs, Feedback, and Questions in the appropriate 3.0.9.229 threads. (read below)

Download locations:
For 32 bit Operating Systems :
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.9.229_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe

For 64 bit Operating Sytems :
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.9.229_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe

If you have to post about a Bug or a BSOD please be sure to include:

[ol]- Computer information

• Operating System information
  • Actively-running security and utility applications
  • Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
  • Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.[/ol]

[b]Please use the following Bug Report threads:

Please post your BSODs here:

Post General Feedback/Comments here:

Post Questions on how this version works here:

Edit: Fixed link to 32-Bit Bug Reports, again. :-\

Got it! Hope I was first… ;D

LM

thank you! :BNC Downloading right now. I can’t wait to test it.

I have waited for it a long time

:BNC Thanks (L)

thanks!!! got it!!!

Harry

Great and passed all the ShieldsUP tests. Thanks egemen.

:BNC

Ah ! Enfin.
Thanks

Thanks

Lookin’ forward to tryin’ it. out. Downloadin’ now

:BNC :BNC
thx

Yay, thanks for that!

Won’t be a to big problem, hopefully my router will do that job for me :slight_smile:

I’ll download it now, and hopefully, this time nothing will crash ;D

Ragwing

I have been waiting for several days

Aaaargh! Downloaded (surprisingly quick, considering the anticipation), but can’t install it :cry:

The installer tells me that I have a Beta version already installed, offers to uninstall it, but then can’t find the Beta.

I did try the Alpha, but got rid of that a few weeks ago.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,

Peter.

Peter,

Based on the presumption that you have no Comodo firewall installed…

Open the registry (go to Start/Run, type “regedit” - no quotes). Navigate to the key
HKLM/Security/Software/Comodo. Right-click and Delete.

If you DO have a Comodo firewall installed, reboot into SafeMode and use the built-in uninstaller (Start/All Programs/Comodo/Firewall/Uninstall) to uninstall.

It would also be good (IMO) to install this Beta (and all firewall, AV, or other security product) in SafeMode to avoid installation conflicts.

LM

Thanks LM.
I have 2.4 installed; I did have the last alpha but got rid of it.

I’m reluctant to uninstall 2.4 and also the Alpha warning might still be there.

Before trying to install v3, I stopped v2, stopped CmdAgent, prevented Comodo from starting and renamed v2’s folder, so that Comodo wouldn’t start, then rebooted.

I’ll try in Safe Mode - always have ZA (I put this on a Vista laptop, so have the .exe) if necessary 88)

Just on time, I just reinstalled Windows Vista, will install it immediatly.

No, even in Safe Mode I get the same message, even with Comodo not starting.

Very reluctant to uninstall v2, as lots of training has taken place!

Peter.

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) Trying this very moment and by now LOVING IT (:LOV)

Peter,

In this thread there is a batch file written for v3 Alpha to address this very issue.
https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/comodo_uninstallation_cleaner-t9668.0.html
The only thing I’m not sure about is similarity of path for v2.4’s registry entry. I think there’s a slight difference, but I’m not sure, since I haven’t had 2.4 in a while. In v3 the registry Configuration path is:
HKLM/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall Pro and in v2.4 I think it’s HKLM/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall. You want to get rid of the v3 path while retaining the v2.4 (if they’re different; they must be, or you wouldn’t get the message you’re getting).

As for uninstalling v2.4, this thread has a batch file written specifically to export all the Config for you, so you can import it back in later if need be. https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2366.0.html

Hope that helps,

LM

Thanks for this LM.

Much to my surprise, I tried again - without closing down v2 - and it worked. Had to reboot; the v2 folder is now empty (so was Beta actually v2?) and v3 installed.
Now clicking on lotsofthings!

Peter.