CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 64-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Strange someone tested it with wmware and it worked, maybe it was on 32bit platform.

Anyway please post rhis info also in https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_309229_beta_bsods-t13169.0.html
If you find any dmp file in your windows\minidump directory post them too.

(CNY)

hey guys…

i really like your firewall, i mainly use to prevent the epolicy orchestrator from enforcing its policies…i have to have it installed because of my college…

i just have one question…since installing comodo firewall, it takes vista about 5 minutes to shut down and as long to switch users…
i got vista x64 ultimate and the new comodo beta 3.09…

would be great if anyone could help me…

hi, change your topic:

slow shutdown v3 x64

Mike

ciambridge,

Your multiple posts on this question have been merged into one thread; the duplicates were removed in the process.

LM

Sorry about this guys, but I am totally stuck as to how I uninstall the CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA, I have nothing in the Programs and Features list and I can’t find an uninstaller in the Program Files for it!

I will also need to get rid of the network drivers too!

Please help!

Thanks

Darth

Edit: Just thought I better mention that I am using Vista 64 Home Premium

Edit Again : I reinstalled the comodo beta and THEN I had an option in “Programs and Features” so I managed to uninstall it, the only problem is that in the Security Centre it still seems to think that comodo is active!

is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks,

Darth

Hallo DarthOps please look at Rebuild Repository Folder to Recognize Comodo topic

he guys…

found the source of the slow shutdown problem…

i have a HEL80 notebook from compal…when comodo firewall ist installed, the WirelessSelectSwitch process of compal cant be stopped by either the taskmanager or the comodo firewall…thats why it takes vista ages to shut down…i uninstalled the WirelessSelectSwitch application and vista shuts down as fast as usual…the only problem still remaining is that i need this program to switch on my wireless lan and bluetooth connection, because pressing Fn + F2 ist not working anymore after i uninstalled the wirelles select switch…

would be thankful for any help in this matter…

Have you tried reinstalling WSS, perhaps in SafeMode?

LM

yup, tried to reinstall it, with and without comodo firewall being on…when i was installing vista i used a version of WSS that seems to be out of date now, but installing any newer versions of it wont work, i get an error everytime i try it…so i had to install my old version again, i stopped the firewall before i installed it, but the application is not working after the installation and the process cant be stopped…quite weird…
havent tried the safe mode so far…maybe i am going to give that a try later…

thanks for the quick reply mate…

Please do give SafeMode a try; that may make the difference.

hey guys…

it was not possible to install WSS (neither version) in safe mode…after that i logged in a administrator, disabled comodo firewall from startup when windows starts and try to install the newest version of WSS…install was complete, but the hotkey still not working, and the process is again unstoppable, (just stays in taskmanager)…after that i uninstalled it again and enabled comodo again in the administrator account…the app is not even working when comodo firewall is turned off completely (cfp.exe and the agent terminated…) quite strange, the hotkey worked flawlessly till i installed the firewall…i dont need my wireless connection desperately, and i rather prefer having comodo running at the moment to stop the epolicy orchastrator i had to install due to my universities regulation…but it is still quite strange…

Are there any entries about that app in D+ log?
Did you set that app to trusted?

hey…

sorry for the late reply…nope, there were no entries in the d+ log…
the first time i set it too be an trusted application, but it did not change anything…vista said that WSS was responsible for the slow shutdown, so i tried to install a newer version, which s not possible with comodo firewall running…dont know…i might uninstall comodo firewall the next, install the newest version of WSS and then install comodo again, to see whether thats working or not…

did you download your driver from http://www.compal.com/asp/driver_dnd/e_download.asp?M_path=/Download/NB/HEL80_81/HEL80 ?

That’s strange anyway I found a forum were there are other users affected by this issue. Maybe it’s not related to V3. Check if WSS works before installing V3 Again.

anyway yoy should be still able to use the hardware switch

yep, downloaded that driver and the one that was more up to date from bizcom sales…

none of them worked…

i read this thread already, but never experienced any problems with the WSS before…

i am going to try to uninstall/install everything this weekend and see what happens…

thanks for the help…

gonna give you an update when i’ve done that…

Thanks please confirm that uninstalling comodo solve this issue.

hey there…

just uninstalled comodo, installed the newest WSS, and it is working…the tray icon is in the taskbar, FN-F2 is working…

after installing comodo again, the problems is there again…WSS process is not stoppable neither by comodo firewall nor by the taskmanager…the shutdown takes ages again…tray icon is missing, and i cant start WSS manually…

so one application without the other is working perfectly…with comodo alone, shutdown is fast and there are not other problems…and without comodo and WSS installed, i can use my wireless connection. (which is of no big use at the moment anyway, because the internet in our college is dead, have to go to the IT dept)…

thanks for all the help, hopefully this problem is resolvable and everything will work with the final version of comodo firewall, as i dont want to do without comodo or WSS…

Thanks, A Hooking report would be nice but I was unable to find such software for 64bit platforms.
RootKit Hook Analyzer doesn’t support 64bit platforms ATM

what is a rootkit hook analyser??

if there is anything i can do to find you help the error, just tell what to do, and i will try my best…
i am not a computer scientist, so i dont have an idea whats going on…

Well it is not that you have a rootkit but since there is no log entry and the issue is not solved disabling V3 it may be a kernel hooking conflict.

The Kernel is the core of An OS the most important and privileged part. Common software usually doesn’t need and cannot access kernel directly but they use intermediate OS functions (API).

Kernel hooks are a way to modify the way an API actually work. Rootkits for example use this way to hide themselves (they forge the API results).

Anyway Security softwares usually use kernel hooks to enforce their protection (eg realtime AV scanners control some privileged OS functions in order to scan and block a bad program before it is actually loaded in memory or to protect themselves from unauthorized termination).

I don’t know if WSS actually use kernel hooks but that behaviour make me think so.

So a software that actually lists all hooks on your laptop could provide such infos but I’ not aware about any 64bit free hooks reporting software you can use at the moment.