CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta General Feedback [Closed]

I hope version 3 Final will have a better logging system than the beta version.

I mean there is no way to sort them (is this just a bug?), there’s no way to categorize them. they don’t update in realtime, you can’t manage any of the IP addresses in the logs, and it takes forever to refresh the list.

It’s just absolutely horrible, which strikes me as a bit odd since the rest of the program is pretty good,

Ugh, do something else with the logs, please. I’m begging you. = (:SAD)

Comodo firewall v3 is very very good and conrats on the great work you did guys! keep up!

Though i dont know how to use it so it wont ask me all kind of questions on just about everything.

When i try to install an appalication during the instalaltion process it asks me about 30-40 times abou each .dll and exe the setup creates. How can i avoid this?

I mean somehow tell the firewall not to ask me about installed and trusted applications and also on new applications i am currently installing.

Thank you for your help

Yes, i absolutely agree. Another most wanted feature is to right click a log entry and have a “Add to rules” option - THAT would make the log much more powerful.

Greetings Nikos,

I don’t know much about CPF 3, I use CPF 2.4 myself, but you could set Defense+ to ‘Learn all’ during the install, if you’re 100% sure it’s not malware.

Ragwing

I’m hattrying the beta version of cfp for a few days but having annoying problems with the alerts.I think comodo is more suspicious than a hips software.It’s showing many warning messages even for well known applications.It’s impossible to click anywhere without accepting a comodo warning.You may wonder when the alerts appear.Just a few examples:Tuning up volume, trying to start any installed program, shutting off pc, installing/deleting any program… The worst is although i click “remember” checkbox, cfp allways asks the same questions.
I hope the problem will be solved with the stable version, otherwise many people can give up using.

exactly same situuation applies to me, what is encouraging about this is that Comodo doesnt miss a thing, it catches every action around but in the other hand this is very tedious task.

Maybe we just dont know how to use it properly and configure Comodo to allow some things without ask us the same questions all the time.

Don’t forget this is the first beta of the new firewall and things will be much better by the final release.

It is envisaged that in it’s final form the firewall will not be ‘noisy’. The safelist database is continually growing and I don’t think the entire database is being used in these early stages of beta testing.

:SMLR

It would have made sense if it least Comodo’s own program were on the list. BOClean in particular is very problematic. CPF ask about it for every newly started exe! :frowning:

I think a developer like Melih should enlight us if we can do soemthign about it.

It’s not to make sense. Their priority is finishing the program. This is a beta.

Let’s say it’s the final version, and everything works ok. Then when you install, you have choices:
you can scan the whole drive and put all files in safelist and /or use Comodo’s safelist;
when installing programs etc, you benefit from Comodo’s safelist to remove pop-ups from known good programs.

Pedro is correct, the main priority is perfecting the program. When the product has been thoroughly tested and is then released it will be much less intrusive and much more easy to live with.

:SMLR

At the present time, since it is a Beta… Ragwing is correct. If you trust that your system is clean, simply move Defense + Security Level to Learn All (by default it is Learn Safe Only - which will generate a lot of alerts). With it set to Learn All you will see a lot of balloon messages to show what it is “learning” but won’t have the popups to respond to.

LM

We discussed this problem at the alpha corner!

I hope Comodo will find a solution.

30-40 times is too much.

Andreas

Yes, also why not make the “View Firewall Events” go straight to the full Logs screen (as if clicking on the “More…” button). There’s no reason to have two separate log viewing mechanisms, and the basic one doesn’t allow the logs to be cleared.

I’d like to see a right-click context menu that would contain an nslookup command to translate the IP for the selected entry into a name. Also, an “Edit Application” quick link.

Yes and a way to copy IP address from right click context menu and a way to paste whole IP address to rules…

Just create a shortcut for the chm, please.

I notice that the beta isnt seen by the security center until final, well i have a question how come windows firewall wasnt disable so CF3 and just be the firwall?

This is quite annoying when i’m playing an online game i accidently click the tip, instead of something else… This can also slow down the game play.

It is still in Beta and so the Security Center has no knowledge Comodo 3. You will have to disable the Windows firewall yourself and disable it’s notifications.

There are two processes which start earlier than CFP , and I haven’t added rules for them . When they start with OS , CFP cann’t block them and alarm me , and when CFP works , it wouldn’t tell me that there are two processes have no rules , is that safe ? If a virus works on my machine , CFP cann’t block them when they start with OS , and doesn’t tell me there are processes which I don’t know , I wouldn’t find them , it is dangerous .

[attachment deleted by admin]