CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works

Firewall only V3 is only meant for PC with another HIPS.
V2 had some HIPS features, V3 has a full HIPS. If you care only about process termination you are wrong.
Anyway V2 still does a fine job so it still possible to use it until more advanced threats are widespread.

I’m not worried about anything, Eduardo was. (:LGH)

“Manage My Configurations” has always been there and it “save” or “restore” the Firewall setting part, I am talking about the D+ part. Thanks anyway. Anybody else can help?

I have to disable my Comodo firewall to share folders between my xp computers.

can anyone suggest a setting?

When network was detected, I did check make resources available to others…

Thanks

You should create a trusted network zone using the stealth wizard. But V3 usually does this.
You can read this page if you want to configure it manually https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_308214_beta_workarounds_closed-t12091.0.html

Been away a few weeks and installed the 246. I noticed the Global rules in the Network Security Policy have changed. It seems to have become less strict. What happened to the “old” rules? Where can I find them again?

Installer bug i think. Picking simple firewall automatically picks the new incoming alert mode. You have to pick advanced for it to use the default rules.

what happens when i put something in isolated application like ff or ie,is it like a virtual environment?

What really worry me is the fact that some of us (naive or negligence people) will use HIPS active, so the firewall will be easily killed… Correct if I’m wrong…

No, isolated application basically means block everything it does. Isolating your browser would render it useless for the internet.

Al

When HIPS is active there is no porcess termination.
If you meant the opposite I guess that a warning in the installer would be enough.

Matousec reports the following existing vulnerability in CFP 2.4 latest version.

http://www.matousec.com/info/advisories/Comodo-Bypassing-settings-protection-using-magic-pipe.php

Has it been fixed/dealt with in version 3?

Hi.

https://forums.comodo.com/leak_testingattacksvulnerability_research/cfp_easily_bypassed_20070801-t11187.0.html

Is there any way to disable this? I don’t want to review any files…

Thanks for the reply. So as fat as I’m reading it’ll be fixed in 2.5 but no one’s sure if it’ll be fixed in 3 right…?

After going through stealth ports wizard {on comps}, trusting all lan comp ips, still blocking svhost icmp’s & not allowing access to shared folders. What next?

I think you misunderstood it.

Note that I said maybe :wink:
As for now, no update to version 2.x is announced.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I have the same problem as mikeo1313, we use windows xp file sharing, with CFP 2.4 it works like a charm but since i installed V3 RC1 in my computer i cant get access to the windows network not even if i disable the firewall, i have to deinstall CFP3 RC1 to be able to browse the network again, my PDC is a linux server with samba, i tried the steps enumerated in the post on how to set one of the earlier betas to be able to work with samba but still cant get it to work.

Anyone can help me here?

Hi xantor, welcome to the forums.

xantor/mikeo1313: I didn’t use CFPs automatic rule generation this time & I created my own rules. I got my LAN working by the following… I created a Zone, I called it LAN imaginatively enough. This Zone is defined to encompass the whole subnet on which the LAN operates (also allowing for broadcasts). So, an IP range of x.x.x.0 to x.x.x.255 (this obviously could be restricted further if needed, ie. for a wireless LAN).

I then created 2 Network Security Policy - Global Rules - Allow All (IP All) Outbound where Target is LAN & Allow All (IP All) Inbound where Sender is LAN. In my configuration I placed these rules high up, positions 2 & 3. I my case, positions 1 & 2 are taken up by a blocking Zone (doing the opposite, completely blocking IP networks). Other than that I added the 2 same Allow In & Out entries to both Service & svchost.exe in the Application Rules. I did the same for some other applications, including the Print Spooler that I wanted to have unfettered LAN access. And the LAN works just fine with this.

It will pass v3 if you do not always allow when prompted

In the thread below Soya mentions Melih says they will be fixed in V3

And in the post below I tested an early version of v3 it passed
matousec said in their methodology for this test when given the option “Allow” or “Deny” they always select "Allow.
If a users always "Allow"s at any prompt by a fire wall I think there is little possibility of passing a leak test.

This is not standard methodology even for matousec

Hope this helps
OD