CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1 64 Bit Bugreports

In order to provide enough informations to fix bugs please include those infos in your posts
Please submit one bug per post and change the subject to describe your post.

1. Computer information
2. Operating System information
3. Actively-running security and utility applications
4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
6. If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD read How submit a BSOD bugreport for additional requirements.

Hi, I’m using Vista Ultimate x64 on Intel Quad q6600 with 4GB RAM

Two issues so far:

1. It seems that cfp is blocking responses from web servers (See attachment) and thus slowing down web browsing. I fixed it by creating a rule for the WebBrowser policy to allow any incoming connection and now the log is empty. Any clues?

2. Somehow cfp crashed when I clicked on a warning dialog and there was another one beneath it which also received the click

Other than that everything is fine.
Ah, yes, great work on the initial configuration wizard. It is very clear and informative. Congratulations!

(B)

Best regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following bug was not fixed yet: ICMP code and type are not logged.

That means that there is no way to verify whether the ICMP rules work.

See my earlier posts for details.

1. Computer information: AMD Athlon 64 X2
  2. Operating System information: Windows XP Pro x64
  3. Actively-running security and utility applications: CFP, Avira Antivir PE Classic 7.06.00.270
  4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it: see the URL above
  5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it: see the URL above

Vista 64bit, Intel Q6600, 4GB RAM.

Hi :slight_smile:

If I activate both Defense+ and “Block all the unknown requests if the application is closed” right after installing it without having Defense+ activated, it won’t start Windows properly after reboot.
I guess, it’'s because there are no allowed applications yet at the “Computer Security Policy”, but I think at least this could have been warned, because I had to go to Vista Safe Mode to get back to normal Windows (there I unchecked the mentioned “Block” option).
It would be better, if the “core loading vista routines” wouldn’t be blocked then. I hope I didn’t misunderstand this option.

Thanks (:WAV)

WinXP x64, E6600 C2D, 4DG DDR2… aVast 4.7 HE

1. My Pending Files was listed to have over 400 files after rebooting on install… yet opening the list showed empty… after some time, the list reduced to 1, retried opening it and saw the one file

What originally drew my attention to this was when i was playing with the slider for Defense+. Once changed to Clean PC mode, it asked about “if i was sure, as there are 400+ files in Pending”… so i said no and went to go open the list, which was empty.

1. Firewall and Defense+ Events show no details… if I click MORE, then i see details

2. I clicked the file name in a Defense+ popup (to open the files properties) and a comodo “found a bug” popup was launched as the defense+ popup was closed.

This seemed to “correct itself” over time… maybe there was just a delay, but a few hours later when i reopened the log, I was seeing details right away.

ICMP are now logged ;D Maybe before too :o

Copy the log file on your desktop and open it with sqlitespy http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlitespy/index

Thanks for your hint to the DB viewer.

Unfortunately, all values except the process name are stored as numbers and have to be converted before they become readable. IP addresses are of type DOUBLE, e.g. ‘50440384.0’. Port values are translated somehow, e.g. ‘20480’ for port 80. How can I get the correct values?

BTW, reading implementation-dependent values from the log database directly is not very convenient for a user. Is it a big deal to add the correct values of ICMP code/type fields to the log viewer, the same way as it is already done for UDP/TCP port values?

Yep those 20480 are strange indeed as not every port should be duvuded by 256. Anyway the final will surely show ICMP codes in the log viewer.
And I guess at least correct that 20480 issue as well :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe changing those double values to integer will save some space too.

INTEGER. The value is a signed integer, stored in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 bytes depending on the magnitude of the value. REAL. The value is a floating point value, stored as an 8-byte IEEE floating point number.
Anyway the final will surely show ICMP codes in the log viewer.

That’s all I wanted to hear. :BNC