CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (XP) [Closed]

I have only recieved that message when I click on block for an application. so possibly comodo is not recognizing your request to allow or you are not clicking allow or it is not generating the prompt fast enough

Try making the app a trusted application and see what happens

Opus

I had only 2 problems.One,i thought that v3 would take over HIPS from CAVS.That didn’t happen.Two,v3 would not remember a thing (allow,deny).Even when I would set an app as a trusted app.Other than that,everything worked GREAT! (:KWL) (:CLP)

P.S. I put 2.4 back on. No problems.

… or the More button on CFPs Internal Log Viewer.

Defense+ Security Level changed to “Learn All”. When set back to “Learn Safe Only” it does not obey this until CFP is restarted, CFP continues in “Learn All” despite the UI displaying “Learn Safe Only”. Have not checked various permutations of this or the Firewall Security Level.

It does seem to take a bit longer, and appears unresponsive (desktop hanging). Probably 20 seconds or so before it actually starts to respond; and at that point it’s usually with a message that an application is not responding and is being shut down (if I recall, it’s been BOC); once that happens, it shuts down quickly from there.

This did not occur with 2.4, nor have any other changes been made.

LM

PS: Today it has kept the Defense + settings, even after two reboots. Odd…

Oh I was wrong about the slow shut down thing! I installed UPHClean ( nice form utility MS to correct these slow reboot problems) and the log file it created said that it was due to PeerGuardian! so I killed peer guardian before shutting down and the problem is gone.

PS : Hmm this is the second time that I blamed CPF for some other programs fault!

Did you guys (developers) watched passion of the Christ while developing this. I see some inheritance :stuck_out_tongue:

Dam

LM

Remember there was some confusion over CFPs Termination Protection & what exactly it was protecting & what the Excludes were excluding.

Now it makes sense. :slight_smile:

The GUI of CPF.exe may crash sometimes.

I have experienced several times.

1. when I click “View active connections”
  2. when my mouse pointer point to the close button of “Active connections” window
    3.when my mouse pointer point to the close button of “Active process list” window

The CPF will crash under this three conditions .

Hi,
I’m not able to find out how to force CFP3 to ask for localhost connections?
It automaticaly enables them. I tried to set it as first Application Rule to application “.”, Action:disable, source addr + port: Any, dest. addr + port: 127.0.0.1: Any
The same I did for Global Rule, but all applications using the HTTP proxy (Proxomitron) still work and CFP3 displays no query about that…

I use Spampal as mail filter and I get an alert for each application I start that application is trying to access Spampal.exe in memory. The same message I get for ctfmon.exe. How could I avoid that?

Other suggestions / bugs:

• when moving up/down the rules, item highliting should stay visible
  • allow moving the rules up/down with keyboard (eg. Ctrl + Up, Ctrl + Down)
  • when aplication tries to connect to some address:port and the Comodo’s dialog is displayed,
    I cannot specify details of the rule when checking “Remember my answer” like SKPF does. I have to set/change it later manualy in “Network Security Policy”.
  • Comodo’s alert dialog is not movable
  • When Defense+ Alert is displayed saying that application is trying to modify protected file and/or registry, it is not shown which file/registry it is - which rule is violated
  • When alert is displayed that some application tries to connect/edit protected file or registry/etc., it would be nice to display more details about the process when I move the mouse over it’s icon
  • In “Active Process List” would be nice to see which application uses network connection and after doubleclick it could display a list of it’s connections
  • When I display “Firewall Events”, click on any item, close the window and open it again, no events are displayed. Refresh doesn’t help
  • When I enable and set Miscellaneous → Settings → Password, it would be nice to keep the password active as long as the application window is open (like in SKPF again). Asking always and always for every settings does bother and will lead to disabling this useful feature

All for now… :slight_smile:
Otherwise - very good job! I’m going away from SKPF and this seems to be a much better alternative!

Thanks.

Since installing the CFP3 for xp, i got problem when I want to eject/ disconnect my usb flash drive.
I am not sure is it due to CFP or BOC or CAVS. It’s not happen before I install the cfp3.
Is it a bug? Do you have a temporary solution?
Best Regards.

Tjsi comodo alpha is nothing but problems…i hopw beta version will be out really soon.

This is why it is refered to as an Alpha

Is you are not prepared for problems You should not put it on your system :THNK

If you want an advanced look at the most powerful firewall on the market and and are willing to risk everthing as far as data and your system then this software could be for you.

PS Think about this before loading on a system being used for anything other than testing. I am not kidding about risking everthing as far as data and your system
So far I don´t know of anyones system being damaged beyond repair but it is possible

There are several warnings on the download page and a prompt when loading

in other words you have to be a real nerd (:NRD)

Opus

Interesting observation: I dont have IE so clicking that link actually does open my default browser (Firefox).

Also does anyone know if future versions of CPF will work with themes/visual styles? Currently its titlebar and stuff sticks out since its different.

Yes CFP will be skinable, called Themes in CFP. Check Miscellaneous - Settings - Themes tab. But, it is currently disabled in the Alpha release.

I dont mean that. Will Comodo PF support being skinned from XP Visual Styles or WindowBlinds? Or will it only use its own themes?

Sorry, no idea. It has not been announced in sufficient enough detail to know.

Awesome firewall, may have caused BSOD.
From other post:

BSOD, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP 0x00000050 (0xE4DB7000, 0x00000000, 0x804D92C2, 0x00000001)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, SP 2
Compaq Presario R3055CA
ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP
Intel Pentium 4
384 MB system 128 MB Video (512 total)
Broadcom Wireles b/g Ethernet Card
Comodo Firewall Pro 3 1.0.0.0 Alpha
NOD32 2.7

I don’t think it was because of the firewall, but it wouldn’t hurt to add it.
Note, other file formats can be provided, contact ahodacsek [ at ] googlemail.com

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have experienced 3 BSOD’s since I installed CFP alpha. Never had a problem before. The only diagnostic I have performed is a memory test and it showed no problem. I am beginning to suspicion CFP. Is there any way to help determine if there is a connection?

Sure… upload your minidump file created by the BSOD. Provided your system is installed on C:\ drive, the minidump should be located in c:\windows\minidump (which is a folder).

Once you find the dump file, compress it to .zip or .rar, and attach to your post. While creating or editing your post, you will see “Additional Options” in bold red text, below the active text-box of the post. Click that and you’ll have a field to browse to attach the file.

That way the Development Team will have access to the info to analyze it and see where the problem is.

Tnx for helping out.

LM

I have noticed that there are a number of rules created (especially in Defense +) which I specifically did not “authorize” to be created. I would think it’s because of the safelist and Learn Safe Only mode, except that I had alerts for those applications. I did not select “Remember” and yet rules were created.

I’ve seen this also with the FW side of it, though to a lesser extent.

LM

same here… suddenly 2 BSoDs within 24 hrs where otherwise i have no trouble with my pc for whole months on end. minidumps attached

[attachment deleted by admin]