CESM 1.6 context menu crash

Morning all,

After evaluating CESM 2 I have decided to go back to 1.6. Install went fine as did the workstation discovery.

I selected 5 workstations on which to deploy the agent and I got a task result report that the agents were installed correctly. I then created a “discovery” task to get each machines O/S etc.

Three of the workstations reported as successful but the other 2 reported as being not connected. I then did a right-click on each of the 2 unsuccessful machines and got the following:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: v1
at System.Version.op_LessThan(Version v1, Version v2)
at CRM.SrvCore.Tasks.TaskVersionValidator.CheckAgentSupportsOperation(IComputer pc, AgentOperation operation, Boolean throwException)
at CRM.ConApplication.Tools.DirectoryTreeTool.DisableIncompatibleContextMenuItmesForSingleComputer(IComputer computer)
at CRM.ConApplication.Tools.DirectoryTreeTool.InitContextMenu()
at CRM.ConApplication.Tools.DirectoryTreeTool.OnContextMenuOpening(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnOpening(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.Show(Control control, Point position)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.ShowInternal(Control source, Point location, Boolean isKeyboardActivated)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please could someone advise on how to uninstall the agent from the two machines and remove the machines from the list of computers if no context menu is available (unless I have to edit them out of the SQL database)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Never mind, I uninstalled & reinstalled CESM, redeployed the agent and all seems to be working…