CD can't download Google spell check dictionary

I found an old thread where someone posted the dictionary for another user to download when the standard dictionary download didn’t work. That was a fairly old thread and the file has been deleted.

I get the same sort of error when trying to download the spell check dictionary.

Spell check dictionary download failed.
Please check with your network administrator to make sure that the firewall is not blocking downloads from Google servers.

I can download other files in other browsers as well as in CD. Any ideas? Is Google blocking access from CD?

the manual way I believe. This link should work as a solution. Slightly of topic, I would recommend “Grammerly” extension for dragon. But anyway

save it to the folder called “User Data”
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data

restart browser

Is Google blocking access from CD
Google to cut off other Chromium-based browsers from its Sync service March 15, 2021 This is the only one I know about

I see a file there already, en-US-9-0.bdic

What is that??? How does the browser know which one to use? Just the suffix .bdic?

How does the browser know which one to use
because when the browser got installed, it places the file there so itll check there everytime. To the best of my knowledge

Why don’t you download the installer and click on i select “repair”. I never had this issue, but this is what i would do. If that fails maybe a reinstall. But save your bookmarks and stuff first. I have no idea why you got that error

I mean if there are two files, which one will it use? Does it know to use the most recent .bdic file?

Just restarting the browser didn’t fix anything. I’ll try the repair option. How do I save the bookmarks, etc. Mainly I care about the login info for web sites. Do I have to save this to a particular file? Do I need to copy it someplace else then?

Hi gnuarm,

We reported this issue “CD can’t download Google spell check dictionary” to the team.
The team said that the CD doesn’t use google spell check dictionaries.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thank you for that, but what does it use? There is presently no spell check functionality in my CD. That’s what I’m trying to fix.

I can’t seem to download the installer. The links on the download page just keep reloading the same page with nothing downloading, both Firefox and Chrome.

???

Settings:

Languages
Language
English (United States)
Spell check — set on —
Use spell check for
English (United States) — set on —
English
Spell check dictionary download failed.

So where do I get a dictionary to work with CD?

Hi gnuarm,

We will report this to team and update you.
For the moment you could download CD from the below forum link
https://forums.comodo.com/

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thanks. I downloaded an did a repair using the 64 bit version. I actually don’t know for certain that’s what I had installed as the previous file is only named dragonsetup.exe as is the new one, but it would only make sense that I originally installed a 64 bit version.

Anyway, it is working in general as it did before including not spell checking anything.

Just to be clear. The problem I’m trying to fix is the lack of a working spell checker. When I view the setup page for languages it shows this.

English Spell check dictionary download failed. Please check with your network administrator to make sure that the firewall is not blocking downloads from Google servers.

That’s why I posted this thread. So in reality I don’t care about installing dictionaries if that is not the cause of my problem, the spell checker not working.

Spell check is enabled and English is the selected language for both the browser and the spell checker.

Hi gnuarm,

As we already told you that the team said CD doesn’t use spell check.
Refer the enclosed pic and confirm that is the problem you are facing ?
However we will check again with the team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

That’s not quite right. You said,

CD doesn't use [b][i][u]google[/u][/i][/b] spell check dictionaries

Did I misunderstand? If CD really does not support spell check at all I will quit using it. A browser without spell check is a bit pointless.

Hi gnuarm,

Thank you for being an active user.

Sorry for this inconvenience. Please be aware that Comodo Dragon is not using Spell Checker for your data protection.

You can use Grammar & Spell Checker - LanguageTool as an alternative of this feature:

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Comodo Dragon Team