CCleaner/ Spybot Search and Destroy in my computer?

Not sure if this is the right area for this but it does have something to do with Spybot Search and Destroy

Ok a LONG LONG LONG time ago I tried to use Spybot and uninstalled it, however when I open CCleaner under APPLICATIONS there is a section called UTILITIES ~ It shows that spybot is there still.

Now I do a search to try and find anything with “spybot” in it and nothing comes up. I cant find it in programs or anywhere else except for CCleaner. Now obviously somethign of Spybot is still in my computer or why would CCleaner be showing it…

Anyone have any ideas why or where the Spybot is?

just go to ccleaner —>tools ----> click once on spybot —>click on “delete entry”
it’s nothing to worry about. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem for opera. And there is no entry for opera in tools and uninstall list.

The program sees a registry key and concludes the program must be installed. To solve it download Regcleaner and delete the Spybot and Opera keys.

Does that help?

Afraid its still here for me. its a good little program though maybe something like that should be implemented into CSC.

Coming to think of things regarding Opera. Assuming you used the default (MSI) installer then you need to use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility .That will get rid off installer remnants of MSI installers; it won’t uninstall nor will it delete any data related to Opera.

it won't uninstall nor will it delete any data related to Opera.
I found this from the opera site
Completely removing Opera and its settings from your system

Before you proceed with removing Opera, it is important that you know where Opera stores its settings. In Opera, go to Help > About Opera. Under “Paths” in the About Opera page, look for the path to your preferences - the Opera6.ini file. Take note of this path, as it will be needed to completely remove Opera from your system.

1. Uninstalling Opera

To uninstall Opera, open the Control Panel from the Start menu in Windows. In the Control Panel, open “Add or Remove Programs”, and locate Opera in the list of installed programs. Click “Remove” to uninstall Opera.

Please note that this will not remove user created files and settings.

1. Removing user created files

In order to completely remove an Opera installation, the following directories must be removed after performing a normal uninstall:

* The folder you installed Opera to.
* The Opera settings folder.

If you chose not to use separate settings for each user when installing Opera, you will only have to remove your Opera installation folder. To find out if this is the case, look at the location of the file Opera6.ini, which you found earlier, and compare it to the path to your main Opera installation folder.

If the location of the Opera6.ini file is different from the location of opera.exe, you are using separate settings for each user, and will have to delete two folders manually.

Before proceeding, you may wish to take a backup of your files in case you wish to install Opera again:

To remove the remaining files on your system, simply delete the Opera installation folder. If the Opera6.ini is separate for each user (in a different location than opera.exe, make sure you delete the folder where this file can be found as well.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Well it is a rogue…

Can yall please check this garbage before you freely post it for people to use!

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2002
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

4/21/2009 1:43:45 PM
mbam-log-2009-04-21 (13-43-45).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 68829
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\RegClean Scheduled Scan.job (Rogue.RegClean) → Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Regclean aint a rogue, this is probably a mistake on Malwarebytes end. It’s a False Positive, annoying but nothing to worry about.

Also, CSC already has a registry cleaner, and it’s far superior to Regcleaner. I sujest you try it :wink:

Xan

Majorgeeks is a trusted site and they are offering Regcleaner for years; it was added Date: 2002-01-23.

Please notify Malwarebytes about the false positive like eXPerience suggests.

:slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry bout the alert if it was a false positive.

No biggy. You brought it out in the world and it simply turns out to be a false positive that now can be set straight. :-TU

I think I’m just gonna leave the Spybot reg key in my pc lol.

Unless of course I can manually get it out…not sure what to look for though.

Hmm cant find any of those folders. Its strange cause when i removed firefox it was gone from the list along some other programs. Ive ran the reg cleaner and i use CSC along with c cleaner. Ill think ill just ignore it to. it will be gone on my next reformat.

Cheers for all the help