This bug report is for CCE, which is bundled with CIS.
I run a full scan with CCE, restarting where requested. During the scan the scan percentage quite quickly reaches 49%. This takes only a minute or so. However, from there it very slowly approaches 100%. (I mean very slowly). Obviously something is wrong with the way the percentage is calculated so that it quickly reaches the half-way point, even though only a few files have been scanned.
Therefore, I believe it is a problem and that the scan percentage should be more accurate. I believe this is important, as ordinary users who go to run this may believe the program locked up, or perhaps become very frustrated because of the apparent drop of scan speed.
A. THE BUG/ISSUE:
- What you did:
I just ran a full scan with CCE, starting where requested. I then noticed that the scan percentage very quickly reached almost 50% even though it had only been a few minutes and less than 25 files had been scanned.
- What actually happened or you actually saw:
The scan percentage very quickly reached almost 50% even though it had only been a few minutes and less than 25 files had been scanned.
- What you expected to happen or see:
I had expected the scan percentage to accurately represent the total progress that the scan had made.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened:
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (except CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen:
Just run a full scan with CCE and watch how the scan percentage increases. I can reproduce this each time.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
I’m not sure what causes this.
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
- A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues):
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues::
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file:
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version:
Information provided below.
C. YOUR SETUP:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration:
Comodo Internet Security Version 6.0.260739.2674
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
No, it is default.
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
Windows 7 x64 (Service Pack 1)
- Other security and utility software currently installed:
Just Comodo System Utilities and CCleaner.
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed:
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]:
Not a virtual machine.
[attachment deleted by admin]