CBOC 4.24 is officially out!!!!

Working seamlessly here :BNC
Then again, that’s little surprise as the “rc2” was steady as a rock.
Thanks Kevin :■■■■

Works fine for me too, first time I’ve used it; no conflicts so far.

Well done Kevin! (:CLP)

Comodo Firewall also doing fine (installed a week ago).

Promoting both these on the Techi boards now.

Mike.

I loaded this up last night, no problems yet. Seems alot lighter than Spyware Terminator. I hope it does a good job, but it appears that LOTS of effort went into making this a great piece of software.

Thanks for your efforts. (R)

Hi Kevin, Uninstall went smoothly and the 4.24 went in slick as grease. Working fine. Thank you for your hard work. :BNC

Kevin and Comodo Staff
Thanks for the effort and fine release
G.

Sorry about that … in the final days, a lot of pookahs to hunt down, never had time to get back to so many people. The “winsock” problem was the result of code which existed in 4.22 which got pushed over the edge in 4.23 as the result of additional code for the licensing component. That’s fixed. We also changed some of the defaults, including wiping the HOSTS file upon detection of a nasty and resetting of security zones to “original, just installed” condition. Those are now turned off unless you specifically enable those in the configuration screen owing to “popular request.”

Each of the pieces was coded separately and then subjected to thorough testing, one piece at a time. You might have an earlier build though since the final BOC424.exe file was built on 2007/06/12 … the lag between that and formal release was a combination of final testing and getting everything else behind the scenes at COMODO ready for the official release …

Glad to see that 4.24 went final. :BNC Nice job Kevin !!! (and everyone else involved) (:CLP)
Next week I will install / test drive it on a few non critical machines for a while.
Now… the critical PC’s are a different story for me, I will have to re image them with the new version
, test install the new images, store verified images on 2 types of external media, ect… (redundancy is a PITA but it sure is worth it when disaster strikes) :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t have any worries about version 4.24 but… when it comes to critical systems that are running fine I’ve never been an early adopter of anything (coming from the old school of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it) :wink:
That being said, it is also now the Summer season and I don’t have a whole lot of extra time on my hands until the Fall season, so… I have two questions for you:

1. How long will version 4.22 be able to use the xvu updates ?
2. Will I be susceptible to any new attack vectors while running 4.22 that 4.24 can handle better ?

(V)
:wink:

My BOCLEAN 4.24 is installed and performing as promised. Just a line to thank Kevin and Comodo!

(:CLP)