I have created a full backup of my system using the “System Backup” button in the home section 5 days ago.
The backup has been successfully stored on my USB3 external HDD.
Now i am trying to mount this image which is successfully mounted and also has a drive letter assigned (in my case i chose letter F:).
The problem now is: when i try to access this “removable device F:”, windows tells me that the file system is unknown and the drive needs to be formatted.
- I tried mounting the image read-only as well as with read/write option.
- I tried several different drive letters.
- I restarted my notebook and tried again.
I am using:
- Surface Book with Windows 10
- Comodo Backup 184.108.40.206
- The drive C: is NTFS, bitlocker encrypted
- I did not set a password for the backup
- I am using Administrator priviledges.
- The image file is around 237Gb of size.
What can i do to access this mounted backup file?
Any help is highly appreciated, since i urgently need a file which i accidentally have deleted.