CAVS service conflicts to MS Office Visio

With Comodo Anti-virus and Anti-spyware service on, the MS office Visio Professional 2007 can not SAVE some files (not every but some). When I turn the service off, they can.

With CAVS service on, when I press ctrl+S or the SAVE icon on toolbar in Visio, a error box will jump out and say “An error (1532) occurred during the action Save. DOS Sharing violation.” But under this condition, I do can SAVE AS.

When I switch off the CAVS service, no error box appears and all is fine.

My computer is DELL M1210 notebook, winxp pro sp3 english version. The following is CAVS information that may help.

Comodo AntiVirus - Version Information Report

Product Information
======= ===========
Build Version : 2.0.17.58
DataBase Version : 2.0.0.544
AllowDB Version : 2.0.16.52
Program Updates Version : 2.0.17.58

License Information
======= ===========
License Status : Activated
Product Installation Date: 24-May-2008
Product Activation Date : 26-May-2008

Program Files Information
======= ===== ===========
CMain.exe : 2.0.12.42
CavApp.exe : 2.0.11.39
CavSn.exe : 2.0.11.41
CavAud.exe : 2.0.9.26
CavMud.exe : 2.0.9.26
Cavasm.exe : 2.0.1.8
CavEmSrv.exe : 2.0.11.40
CAVSubmit.exe : 2.0.11.49
cavengine.dll : 2.0.0.5

Operating System Information
========= ====== ===========
Operating System : Windows XP
Operating System Version : 05.01.2600
Service Pack : Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer Version : 7.0.5730.13

Hardware Information
======== ===========
Central Processing Unit (CPU) : Unknown P6 family
Available Memory : 1515MB
Total Memory : 2046MB

I’m having the same problem, but until I read your post, I had no idea CAVS was causing it!

Don’t be mad that I feel glad to find someone has got the same problem as mine, finally.
After the last post I began to notice that the CAV is still a product in lab.
I turned to the famous red umbrella, Avira Antivir, which is a little disturbing with its frequent ad shows.
But it works well.

CAV 3 is out now in BETA packaged with the famous Comodo Firewall in CIS (Comodo Internet Security). It is very stable and I can recommend you trying it. You can install only CAV or CFP or both whatever you choose from the installer. Here is the link to the download.

If you do try it out, let us know if the problem with Visio has been fixed.

John

Hi there,

I just wanted to chime in and mention that I am not a COMODO user, but I am having the same problem. I am trying to save a visio file accessed over a network, stored on a linux SAMBA server. When I try to save, the

An error (1532) occurred during the action Save. DOS Sharing violation.

error comes up. Could it have something subtle to do with the way that files are treated by Visio?

Allen