CAVS 3 Wishlist

So you really are the real commodus from the movie (:KWL)

I told U. I didn’t die. 8) That was all fake. We made a deal with Maximus (:WIN)

something really useful for CAVs would be a Progress Bar in the On Demand Scan Window (Scan Summary). It’s very annoying try to realize how much time is needed to complete the whole scan… (:WAV)

…and BOClean-CAV all in one :BNC

Several years ago, I used an AV that started as a free-for-everyone liscence but eventually turned into a paid liscence, can’t think of the name of it at the moment. Anyways, one feature it had that I always liked was that it did an incremental scan every time you started up windows, so small chunks of your hard drive would get scanned, then the next time you booted it would scan another chunk starting where the previous scan ended. So over time your whole drive would be scanned, then start over from the beginning. You could also do a complete scan whenever you wanted, also, but this way you could be sure that everything would be checked in time, while sacrificing only a fairly small increase the the time it took windows to boot. Just an idea.

i second that.
Oh also manual update (offline update) and can detect and delete “autorun.inf” in removable drive which use to execute the virus/trojan.

That could be Cheyenne anti-virus, which was purchased by Computer Associates and incorporated into CA’s Internet Security pakage. One of the fastest and lightest on resources AV programs I ever saw. It looks like a good idea, anyway.

God… It’s been so long since thread has been up… And still CAVS 3 is still no where in sight Sigh… So I guess my wish is for CAVS 3 to be out ASAP, before all those “free-anti-virus-but” programs annoy me to death.

Better not rush. :slight_smile: CFP 3 had major bugs in the beginning and look how many people came with complains. Why that happend ? Cos CFP 3 was rushed a little bit. Now if CAVS 3 comes with severe issues - like tons of false positives, slow performance, incompatibility and stuff like that, would you like that kind of software ? Every program has bugs of some kind, but it’s better when the big one’s are squashed before the release :smiley:

P.S. Quality product released from the start adds a huge bonus to the company.

i hope so too. its annoying waiting to go to bed while avast scans my computer for 3 hours (on thorough, though) :slight_smile:

Since there is quite a few programs out there using last access timestamps (ie. Ultimatedefrag, systemboosterXP, perfectdisk etc.), it is urgent that CAVS has the option to preserve last access timestamps just like NOD32 v. 3.

Actually an option is not needed because if CAVS followed the standards last access timestamps would be preserved. I know a lot of AV vendors do not follow these standards, but comodo is more than mainstream, it is going to be the best, and preserving last access timestamps is just another step in the right direction (:WIN) :■■■■

Some antivirus programs and desktop search and indexing programs update the Last Access times of files that they scan and index. Technically this contravenes Microsoft’s suggested practice for updating Last Access time stamps since it is not a true “normal use” access.