CAV will not finish scanning my hard drive

The darn thing keeps hanging at the same folder.
I can find the folder, and right click it, and tell it to scan with no problems;
I can go up a level in the disk heirarchy and right click on the folder containing the problem folder and scan with no problems, but CAV will not finish a full disk scan.
It sits there for hours and hours, and never “completes” a full scan.

XP SP2
clean install.
Only office, tweakui, Adobe acrobat reader, and comodo installed.
any ideas whatsoever?

Which folder is CAVS hanging on?

Also have you run a scandisk to ensure there is no underlying disk problem?

The folder is a simple folder “PacITPros” with no hidden objects and only word docs and a pdf, although it Doesn’t matter which folder, as a hang is a hang–the software is faulty.
and yes I did a scandisk.

If you would have thouroughly read my post, you would have noticed that I stated “I can find the folder, and right click it, and tell it to scan with no problems;
I can go up a level in the disk heirarchy and right click on the folder containing the problem folder and scan with no problems, but CAV will not finish a full disk scan.”

And comodo seems to be spying too:
I have “denied” access to every comodo program in the firewall, and turned off all options to automatically connect to the internet, and when I leave my computer running with comodo, the launch pad connects to the internet without my permission.

Time for another brand that doesn’t connect without authorization.

I’m not disputing that CAVS is hanging & there are very different folders in Windows. You do know CAVS is a beta right?

If you would have thouroughly read my post, you would have noticed that I stated "I can find the folder, and right click it, and tell it to scan with no problems; I can go up a level in the disk heirarchy and right click on the folder containing the problem folder and scan with no problems, but CAV will not finish a full disk scan."
I did read your post throughly. You didn't mention the content of either of my questions in your first post. So, why do you think I didn't read your post?
And comodo seems to be spying too: I have "denied" access to every comodo program in the firewall, and turned off all options to automatically connect to the internet, and when I leave my computer running with comodo, the launch pad connects to the internet without my permission.

Time for another brand that doesn’t connect without authorization.

I see. LaunchPad has an option to turn off automatic update checking (your authorisation).

There is no spying by Comodo software. Don’t believe me? Download Wireshark (if you don’t already have it) & find out. Otherwise, you really should refrain from making false claims that you cannot support.

In addition, since your using your firewall to deny “access to every comodo program” this isn’t really the best thing to do. This will almost certainly break CAVS email scanning & prevent virus signature updates. As with LaunchPad, you can always turn off things like CAVS automatic updates & latest virus signatures downloads if you want (again your authorisation).

Given the tone & content of your post, I assume that you do not require any support. If you do, then please feel free post back.

Sorry.
Please accept my apologies.
As a net admin+programmer, who started using computers in 1982 with an apple ][e, I perceived absolutely no relevance in the question since (in my mind) it was a basic folder with simple files coupled with the fact that I explained that I was able to scan the folder with a right click. If there were a problem with a file, or the disk substructure, or permissions, I would not have been able to scan said file nor folder at all…and I just assumed you would conclude the same. Having (In my perturbed mind) already answered the questions you were trying to solve with your futher inquiries into folder names and types, I grew further perturbed, since I have scanned my system more than five times now to no avail. What a waste of time, when the software maintains a fiery red warning “system scan incomplete” If it were a system file or another locked file, I would have said so.

And the darn thing still doesn’t finish…
Not that I would want to assure that all my files are scanned…
It’s just that it would be nice.

OK, understood & apologies accepted. On the folder issue, I asked… because in Windows not all folders are what they seem & even ordinary folders can contain ADS (NT upwards). It certainly was not my intention to upset you in anyway.

Go to Comodo Support & register on their support system, create a ticket (which you can track on-line) & they should be able to sort you out. If they fail to assist you (remembering it’s currently the weekend), then contact me (Personal Message or by Email) & I’ll find out what is going on.

As a work-around/test, may I suggest that you exclude the “PacITPros” folder from CAVS On Demand Scan & see if that helps. I’m wondering if the hang is actually somewhere after that point & that folder name was merely what CAVS was displaying at the time of the hang.