Hey to all U P D A T E
since several weeks I am working on the installation of Comodo Anti Virus for Linux Ubuntu; I am using the 14.04 LTS x64.
If you follow the instuctions below, you’ll get a “clean” installation, and after that a green shield, without any trouble.
Just follow the steps shown below:
- Download the CAV from here:
- http://download.comodo.com/cavmgl/download/installs/1000/standalone/cav-linux_1.1.268025-1_amd64.deb (64-bit version)
- http://download.comodo.com/cavmgl/download/installs/1000/standalone/cav-linux_1.1.268025-1_i386.deb (32-bit version)
- (if you have this version of CAV already, transfered into you Download folder of your computer)
- Double click on the file - it will be opened with the Ubuntu-software center
- When the installation starts, it will be request a Administrator authorisation, promt and enter your password, press ENTER
- After the installation is finished, reboot your system
- Then you see a yellow shield on the left.
- Follow the order and press “run a first Update”, the virus catalog also will be updated before the virus-scan starts
- Then “run a complete system-check”, it takes only a couple minutes
- (a fully system-check will start; so if you have a extern disk via USB, you should pull it off during the scan - safe your time)
- After the update and the scan is finished, reboot your system again!
Now your shield has changed to green
Then you can do all your setting on CAV, like it is recommended here, on the Comodo site:
CAV works fine also with Thunderbird on Linux Ubuntu.
For the settings there please use the SMTP Mail Gateway / any MTA for Thunderbird; also
configure the Inbound and Outbound as it is shown on the screenshots.
You don’t have to follow the complicated ways like this:
If you have any questions about the above instructions, be free to ask, or post a Reply
Good luck and have a nice day
[attachment deleted by admin]