CAV Linux free will return?

You can use the new CIS coming…

Ok Melih but the new CIS don’t run in Linux right ?

Thanks again !

1 Like

correct.
we do have enterprise offerings for that…but not consumer at the moment.

Will it come soon? Days, weeks, or months? :heart_eyes:

The first release is planned in the spring of March-May.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Why download CAV Linux is active in this adress ?

It has discontinued or no ?

Why do you need an antivirus on Linux?

@megaherz33

It necessary for filter the internet and files, I think.

I think an antivirus is not needed for Linux.

@megaherz33 @ROB2

I may access a phishing site that steals my data, or an extension may install itself in the browser, or ransomware may attack my files, or a package may become contaminated, among other possible risk situations.

Attacks on Linux have increased. With CAVL I do a real-time audit of my browsing.

yes we will , please check my post on CAV Linux is discontinued or no? - #5 by ozer.metin

As far as I know, CAV Linux is no longer being maintained, and the developer is not actively working on it.
However, if you’re looking for a free and reliable Linux distribution, CentOS 7 is a great option. It’s a stable release with long-term support and security updates until 2024. But if you’re looking for a security-focused distribution, you should check out TuxCare. They offer various Linux security solutions, including patches and updates for CentOS, Ubuntu, and other distributions. You can find more information about their services at https://tuxcare.com. Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forums MaxMack

Ozer Metin, CTO of Comodo/Xcitium, posted right before you and stated in the linked post that they are working on CAVL:

We have something to look forward to.

@ozer.metin @Citizen_K

But only corporation solution ( EDR ) it developing ?

And home user ?

Home users are being served. They are developing both CAVL and Xcitium Linux Agent:

They will be releasing both CIS 2024 and CIS 2024 for Linux:

EDR is a next step:

@Citizen_K

Very good, thank you very much !!!

Will CAVL and CIS be free for home user ?

They will be like they were before.

@Citizen_K

But will we have the CAVL and CIS in this year 2023 ?

Thanks again

CIS 2024 is set to be released this year as Melih has stated. That’s also how the naming scheme works: the release of the product with next year in its name is done this year. Following that logic I suspect CAVL 2024 to be released this year but in the end only Ozer Metin really knows.