CAV causes very slow boot

I installed Comodo Firewall and so far it has been working great. Now I installed CAV and things looked good until I applied updates to it and rebooted. Now my system has been rebooting for the last hour. You can see icons slowly poping up in the status area and if I do something like pressing ALT-CTRL-DELETE, it will pop the task manager window in about 5-10 minutes. It’s a good thing I’ve got 2 machines because the one I installed CAV on is useless. I’ve seen some references to “slow booting” in the forums but nothing really like I’m experiencing. I’ve removed all previous anti-virus software (AVG) and firewall software (ZoneAlarm) and don’t have Avast. I am running SpyBot with the tea timer. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken

Probably you may try to remove CAV temporarily to see whether it helps. Can you access it via safe mode?

After 2 hours, my computer was fully booted but most things took forever to do. I finally got it to work by booting with my network diconnected. After a little fooling around, I tracked it down to my network attached disks. When they were attached and the network was attached, the boot would take forever. I then removed everything, disconnected from the network and then re-installed and things are working just fine even when I attach the network and disks. I can’t figure out what these disks have to do with the virus scanner other than it scans them for virus’. On to better things now. ???