Hi! I’m new to both BOClean and this forum. Am having a problem with v4.27 getting the daily updates. I have tried both automagic and manual without success. I also tried following the ftp instructions in the online help section but that gives me a 425.vxu which doesn’t appear to work with v4.27.
Currently, I am unable to update BOClean v4.27 manually, which has been my preferred method of updating for years. The dialog keeps telling me the program is up to date when I know that it isn’t. BOC is stuck on FILE DATE: 2009-01-23 13:53:55 (UTC) and will not download FILE DATE: 2009-01-24 12:33:15 (UTC).
I have even re-configured for auto-updating and that is not working.
Would you please tell me where I can obtain manual updates? I looked everywhere on BOC’s support site, to no avail.
As for the OP’s on-going problem, are you certain that your firewall isn’t blocking BOC4UPD.EXE?
I looked throught the support faq for BOC and the site they give there is
"ftp://nsdownloads.comodo.com/pub/boc425.xvu " but of course the 425.vxu does not work with v4.27. I was unable to find where they store (or even if they do) the more current vxu files.
I do not have a firewall on this computer so that definitely is not my problem.
I had this same problem yesterday, but today BOclean downloaded the update just fine. I am not sure what the problem was (possibly a comodo site/webhost problem as suggested by john3voltas, but for me it was not a BoClean program problem).
If you had this problem, try to update today and see if you get the 1/25/09 update. If not, then post your findings here (including errors you recieved and your system information).
To Rednose, I just get the error msg that the updater file was unable to update and needed to close down. It also asks me if I want to send an error report, which I do. So far today I am still running the 1-23-09 xvu.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I even tried installing from the desktop (in another msg someone had that problem). I also tried changing the time for the update from 4 min. after boot to 8 min. with no luck.
I have NOT run a registry cleaner after uninstallation so will have to try that… But so far, no joy.
I tried your suggestions. I even uninstalled everything, rebooted, ran a reg cleaner, and rebooted again. Then d/l’d a new copy “just in case”. Installed it and I get the same error. But the definition file is definitely updated (on install). Tried using both the updated from the icon and also from the start menu with the same results.
Will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it is able to update the new vxu file…