Can't uninstall Comodo System Cleaner

I installed System Cleaner and did a registry scan. It found over 700 “bad entries.” I compared it with a scan on CCleaner which found a bit more than 300 errors. I decided this does not bode well and decided not to let System Cleaner clean the registry. I told it “no” upon which it removed all 700 of the “errors.” Yes, that’s right. All by itself and after I told it “no.” Since then the system has been unstable. So today I restored the backed up registry and hope for the best. I would like to remove CSC but am unable to do so. I get an error message than something is wrong with Windows Installer. It won’t uninstall. If there is anyone from Comodo that can tell me what to do I would appreciate it. Dave

Which version of CSC did you use?
Did you use ‘power clean’ feature (which is for advanced users who can recognise the entries and could be harmful)?
Have you done a system restore or formatting of the PC? Weren’t you able to boot up at all to use the ‘safe deletion’ feature?

Be sure to include the following to help the developers :

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

I used version 2.0.111095.7
Vista Home Premium 32 bit
The program detected over 700 “bad” entries in the registry. When I tried to close the program it started removing the entries. Possibly I hit the wrong button in error.
All I want to do at the moment is remove the program from my system. I don’t want to resolve any other problem. The windows installed won’t remove the program. It returns an error message saying that something is wrong with Windows Installer.

Please post for us a screenshot with the error. Also tell us how you tried to uninstall CSC:

• from Start>All Programs> Comodo> System Cleaner>Uninstall
  • from Control Panel>Add Remove Programs
  • other way
    Thank you for your support.

Yesterday I did a system restore to October 14th. Everything is fine again and the Comodo software is gone.

I would suggest that Comodo take this software out of circulation. There are a number of people who have had similar experiences and those are a number of people too many.

For myself, the matter is fortunately resolved.

David