Cant send email with firewall on

Hi,
I’m having to disable my Comodo firewall to send email - it lets incoming email through without a bother and the mail goes out ok when I turn off the firewall. Is there a simple solution to this? I apologise if this is something that’s dealt with elsewhere, but this has only happened in the last couple of days and may be a result of a new broadband connection - I only had dial-up before.
Babs
Edit - I had to turn the firewall off to get this post to send!

Hi and welcome,

Can you open CPF>>go to ‘activity’>>go to ‘logs’. then see if any application is being blocked after trying to send email. Posting a screenshot may help also.

Mike

I’ve done that and can’t see anything relevant - there appears to be no record in the log of my attempts to email. I obtained a screenshot, but don’t know how to get it into a post - it won’t paste and I can’t get it into attachments either. This has only been happening since I updated the firewall yesterday - I’ll just have to keep disabling it when I need to send email, post to a forum or even use ebay.
Thanks for your help,
Babs

Hi,

In this case I’m at a loss as to what is causing this. Can you keep CPF set to custom, but turn off the application monitor, then the component monitor, then the network monitor, each in turn and try to send email. This may help see what part of CPF is causing the problem.

Mike

Hi Mike - thanks for your reply. I don’t know how, but I somehow managed to solve the problem and this is what (I think) I did:
I went to Network Control Rules, then Tasks, then Define a new trusted network. I followed the wizard that came up and something got added to the pane - allow IP in or out on a different/extra line, or some such? Well, it worked and I can now send email again - I just hope I haven’t disabled the firewall in a different way! (:LGH)
Babs

Hi,

Ok, that’s great. If you’re on a network then this is fine.

Mike