Can't mount encrypted external drive

I’ve an external drive that was encrypted.

I had to put it on a new workstation as my main was boot passworded during this process, and I couldn’t get into it until after I repaired the Master Boot record.

I’ve tried Adding Encrypted Partition in a variety of ways:

• Adding Encrypted Partition after plugging in USB drive post boot on original machine
  • Adding Encrypted Partition after plugging in USB drive post boot on test/spare machine
  • Adding Encrypted Partition with USB drive plugged in during boot on test/spare machine
  • Adding Encrypted Partition with USB drive plugged in after encrypting another hard drive on test/spare machine

Since the incredibly user-unfriendly interface to Adding Encrypted Partition doesn’t fill in the algorithm, I’ve tried to add it 10 times PER method. That’s over 40 times going through the routine to load this drive.

Every time I get:
Error:
Cannot add encrypted partition
Make sure that this drive was a DCE encrypted partition and that the encryption settings and password are correct

Well, I tried entering a bad password on purpose and I get a different error:
Error:
Password provided is wrong

Since the encryption software didn’t show me what I was typing when I encrypted the external drive I created a text file, typed in what I wanted as the password, and then copied and pasted that into the password field - so I know I have the right password.

There are files I want off this drive, but it won’t let me in.

Is there a version that addresses this error?

I ve got the same problem… please help!
(is it there at least a workaround to know hash and encrypt algorithm)