Cant manage to completely uninstall

Hi,

I tried to uninstall Comodo Free Internet Security on my Windows 11 system.
No matter which way Im trying, I still find traces of it in my registry. I reinstalled and uninstalled many times and ways to get rid of it, but nothing helps.
I found a comodo registry-entry here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Av\ which isnt removed by the ciscleanuptool or any regcleaning tool and I cant remove it manually because im not allowed to delete it. This seems to cause problems with re-activation of windows defender which isnt running properly since uninstalling.
There are also files in C:\programme(X86)\Comodo. Its not possible to delete them either, since they seem to be in use by another program, I am told.

I will send the requested log files via PN. There is no cmdinstaller*.7z logfile in temp.

Thanks for any help on this matter. I really dont like to completely reset my system including all apps, obviously. Thanks, Klaus

Hi klauseee,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please use the below ciscleanuptool version and check ?
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x86_3.1.0.45.exe
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45.exe
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Thanks for the quick response. The tool says “no installation detected”. I have a report of the cleanup process, that I used to remove Comodo the last time. Would that help to figure whats going wrong?

Hi klauseee,

Did you restart the machine twice ? as the above provided ciscleanuptool requires two restart to completely remove the CIS directories.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I wasnt asked for a restart this time, because there was nothing to uninstall. The message like “No Installation detected” was prompted and then there was nothing left to do but exit. Ther also wasnt any acitivity from the program that you see if you have a CIS version installed, with a list of components that are being removed. After the other Uninstallation processes I made before, I restarted several times, just to be sure.

I have restarted my machine twice anyway since yesterday. :wink: Would be nice If it was that simple.

Hi klauseee,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please check your inbox for pm and follow the provided guidelines ?
Kindly let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi again,
I followed the steps exactly as you told me.
There was no cmdguard.sys left on c:. Fine.
I was able to delete all left program files on my harddrive in safe mode. Very Fine.
There also wasnt a cmdagent.exe running after restart. Perfect.

Then I started the cleanup tool. Same thing as before, got the message that there was no Installation detected. No restart proposed. Restarted anyway.

The registry key I mentioned above is still there.

Still not able to delete it.

Windows Defender still not running properly.

I will attach the last log of the cleanup tool and the log that was created along the “successful” uninstallation: If you need other specific logs please give me a hint. :slight_smile: Thank yo very much, Klaus

Hi klauseee,

Could you please check your inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi klauseee,

Could you please check your inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT