Can't install newest version

The only conflict with KAV is that if you have Comodo installed already then try to install KAV , KAV with tell you to uninstall Comodo first. But this does not explain the installer being blank.

Where do you have this information from?

Al

Look in your Comodo folder. There is a framework.dll file.

If you mean I should remove KAV, I won’t. It is the best AV I ever had.
I think I’ll have to go for another option, since I won’t format my PC for making comodo run here

What a pitty :frowning:

KAV is not the best. No where near the best. I use Avira Premium and thats the second best. Look here. KAV is also a resource hog.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Just because there is a dll called framwork.dll in the Comodo directory does not mean you need to have Microsoft’s .Net Framework installed on your system.

Al

Well atleast I am trying to help the guy. Whats your suggestions rather then criticizing what I am trying to do?

All I’m asking is to stop spreading misinformation. If you are not sure about something that you are posting, at least make that be known. I am not criticizing you and I appreciate it when others can help others which I have seen you do.

As for myself, I don’t have an answer to this problem and I prefer to remain silent when all I could do was guess or assume what the problem might be. My apologies if you took my previous statement as a criticism - it was not intended as such.

Al

ok guys
At least someone can show me how the install window should look ?

Thanks a lot for all the help given

Here are some beginning snapshots when installing CPF.

Al

[attachment deleted by admin]

ok
Thanks guys

Now, for finishing this topic, which alternative would you recommend me to install ?
Agnitum OutPost Firewall ?
ZoneAlarm ?

Matousec just rated Online Armor free a close number 2 to Comodo, so that is where I would go with XP. I have tried it out on my ancient XP backup machine, and seems to work well. Come back when the problem is solved and try again. :slight_smile:

None of the above. Online Armor Free.