Can't install IceDragon

Just downloaded 32 bit IceDragon browser directly from the Comodo site - states on page that it is compatible with XP.

Setup failed (image attached).

“cannot write”

“not a valid Win32 application”

Please help.

Error file corrupted, try download again

https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

select version system 32 or 64

Thank you for your help.

Used your link, selected 32 bit again - same problem I’m afraid (please see second image attached).

icedragon can be incompatible with windows xp :-\

Thank you for replying.

Can be? Not according to the Comodo webpage / your link:

"System Requirements

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP – 32/64 bit, 128 MB RAM and 40 MB Hard Disk Space"

Apparently incompatible, here error happens

Appreciate your help.

Can a Comodo tec fix this please? They fixed a problem I had with Comodo Antivirus.

In the meantime, would you kindly give me a link to an older version of IceDragon that is compatible with XP?

sorry try firefox

Thank you for your reply.

I already have Firefox - wanted IceDragon.

Would you kindly ensure that Comodo update their website / the download page asap to show that IceDragon is not compatible with XP…so that other XP users don’t waste their time trying to install it like I did.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Hi Eloise . . . . I’m not a user of IceDragon, buy here’s a link to the version that ‘should’ be XP compatible: IceDragon

It downloads the offline installer, so you’ll have to make sure to turn off updates after installation

Thank you very much for helping ‘Ploget’ - that version of IceDragon successfully installed!

I hoped to be able to play YouTube videos with this, but I am receiving this error message:

“Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available”

When I clicked on: “Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video”

Page displayed: “Your browser is up-to-date” - no questions showed.

Any idea how to correct this so that I can watch videos please?

This page may help a bit. It covers some similar problems from a few years ago with XP and Youtube etc. Youtube HTML5 videos not playing (some) | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Thank you for the information / help over the Christmas period ‘Ploget’ / ‘liosant’.

No luck I’m afraid. I’ve tried a number of things in order to overcome this problem.

I have sent YouTube feedback / screenshots twice with regards it - no response.

I was always able to play YouTube videos with Firefox / this computer…but something changed and now I can’t play any at all when using a browser that is compatible with it.

The issue is not XP related, as I can play YouTube videos with Midori browser, but the browser frequently freezes / is not compatible with my computer.

Sorry we couldn’t help any more Eloise . . . programs and content providers are all updating and XP is a dying breed I’m afraid. My old system served me well for years, but to run important applications I had to change eventually

All the best to you

I hope Comodo Antivirus continues to be compatible with XP, I am very happy with it.

So much lighter than what I had.

Blocked a malicious download yesterday…

Best wishes for the New Year.

My New Year WISH…a new computer. :slight_smile: