Can't get in to update

I downloaded 4.25, no problems. It would not update.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and the same thing happens.

Comodo Firewall asks permission, I give it, and Comodo Malware says it has to shut down but stays in the tray. I can’t seem to find what the color black means with Comodo Malware icon.

I really like the firewall, replaced a long, long, long standing thing with ZA.

Thank you.

look at the posts where others are having problems with updating BOC and see if the information in those threads helps…

i don’t know why so many people are having problems with the updates… it seems kind of strange… i have used BOC for several years and i have never had any problems with updating BOC…

i am wondering if the problem is “vista”-related, or if it is a combination of “vista” and the symantec cleanup utility, or what the common denominator might be… hopefully, the “problem” can be isolated, but i think that that is what it is, a combination of vista and using the symantec cleanup uitlity…

are you using vista and have you run symantec’s cleanup utility which some people use after uninstalling symantec products?

Does BOClean use active x and Internet Explorer to update, if so, I’m out of luck, I have IE blocked permanently and don’t allow active x to run on my machine. If it does can someone get me a way around it by using firefox.

Thank you.

no, i don’t think so… it is not like the “old” versions of mcafee’s “virusscan” where the GUI’s wouldn’t display properly if activex controls were locked down… i have IE locked down, too, and i have never had any problems with updating BOC…

BOC’s updater does use the “FTP” protocol which is unusual…

you didn’t answer my question, are you running vista and have you run symantec’s cleanup utility on your computer? if so, the symantec cleanup utility could have removed a needed regkey and that could be the problem… it is easy to restore the needed regkey…

I am running xp, I still have Symantec installed but, if the updates are being done by ftp, that is locked down as well. That could be the answer.