Can't disable auto-containment on Trusted applications

And when running another (new) Trusted app without adding that second rule for that Trusted app what happens then?

Er, that rule was set for all Trusted apps, so.
Though I checked and strangely the Trusted apps I tried running today don’t show up in File Rating > File List.

Ah ok I thought you added multiple rules for all those specific apps referring to their own File Locations each.

Issue solved then? :slight_smile:

Feels more like I put a bandaid on it? But for now, I guess. I’ll wait to hear whether the mods have anything to report.

Sounds to me that cmddata isn’t being updated/written to which means something is blocking cmagent from writting to cmddata, as that file contains information about files like their file rating and it also provides information about blocked applications. I would uninstall and go back to install 8012, as I don’t think anyone should be using the so called newer pro version that hasn’t been fully announced or tested and doesn’t have a complete change log.

That could explain the WerFaults on cis.exe.

:-TU

Hi CinderBH,

We have whitelisted the reported product(shortcut video editor).
And we have tested the shortcut app and found that container doesn’t asked to allow a script run by it, and saved the output the file where i want to save it.
So, could you please check now and let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Shotcut (yes, it’s the correct spelling), works by now, but like I said the issue is I can’t unblock new apps because they don’t show up in Unblock Applications or File Rating > File List. Please read Futuretech’s post above.

My removed post wasn’t clear and was being misread.

What I meant to say was, why wait for a fix that possibly takes years when there is a fix at hand.

Hi CinderBH,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have checked and found no issues.
Could you please uninstall CIS and install again & check the issue ?
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

sighs If I must… I’ll report back when I have the time to do it.

Hi CinderBH,

Ok, however sorry for the inconvenience.
Kindly check and let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Okay, finally getting to perform the full uninstall, but there are some issues. There still are Comodo processes running in the task manager, and if I try to run the cleanup tool (http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/ciscleanuptool_x64.exe) I get this error in the log:

10:47:45 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\RegTools.cpp:46	>> Can't open key (SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Esm), error 2
10:47:45 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\CleanupOnline\CisCleanupTool2.cpp:76	>> ITSM Administrator password for Removal tool is not set, skip password verification, exiting...

Solution here:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/official-comodo-uninstaller-v31055-released-t121091.0.html;msg920161#new

Hi CISfan,

Thank you for supporting.
@CinderBH
We are aware of this issue and the team is working on fixing it.
For time being refer the below link to follow guidelines to uninstall CIS using old ciscleanuptool version.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/official-comodo-uninstaller-v31055-released-t121091.0.html;msg920161#new

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Okay, thank you, looks like it worked. Should I go ahead and perform a fresh install now?

Hi CinderBH,

Thank you for reporting, yes you can download and install CIS from the below link and check the issue again.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2020-v12228012-released-t126945.0.html;msg906599#msg906599
Kindly let us know your feedback whether the issue persist or not.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

FINALLY auto-containment and the Unblock Applications window are working as intended. Thank you for all your help!

Hi CinderBH,

Thank you for your feedback.
Have a nice day.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello, I encountered such a problem, but the steps taken did not solve it in the end. Maybe I did something wrong. It would help me a lot if they provided me with a consultant who would evaluate the screen video I recorded. Suddenly he will notice that at some stage, I missed something. My friend advises not to waste time and install Movavi Video Editor, which is more adapted to antivirus and security programs. Do you think this could be a way out of the situation? I need to finish editing a video for a portfolio in the next 4 days, and I do not know what to do.