Can't connect to the internet after installing CIS

Installed the latest version of CIS,but after install I could not connect to the internet. I like the look of the app,and the features but no internet connection does not cut it so I have un-installed the program and went back to my old firewall.

Can you tell us a bit more about your situation?

What connection are you on? Is there a router in your network present? What other security programs do you have installed and which ones are running in the background?

Can you post screenshots of:
Global Rules (Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy)
Firewall logs (Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events)

I am have a cable broadband connection, Avast antivirus 5, I am behind a router, at present no other security programs running resident. This is not the first time this situation has arisen, I tried Comodo last year and the same thing happened,which is strange because I used Comodo firewall for sometime back in the 2.xx days till it started causing problems with some programs and websites. >:(

As a side note, I like the look of CIS and the features, and would like to replace my Netveda firewall, but in my circumstances I MUST have internet access, so I have uninstalled Comodo untill a resolution to this problem is found.

When you installed CIS as described was that the first you installed CIS? When it was then may be there was some stuff left from your previous firewall Netveda.

Are you willing to uninstall Netveda again and follow the next tutorial to manually get rid off possible left overs of Netveda?

Here is the drill:

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.