Can't connect to another computer on LAN [RESOLVED]

I have 3 computers, all connected in a LAN, all with Comodo firewall installed.
One of them has files on it that need to be accessible to the other two.
Computer #2 does this fine, and has been for some time without any hiccoughs.
Whatever I have been able to do, computer #3 is being blocked by the comodo firewall on the first computer. I know it’s the firewall on #1 computer, because as soon as I “Allow All” everything is fine.

If it’s relevant, all three access the internet just fine.
Also, if it’s relevant, computer #3 cannot ping #1, but then neither can #2.

Terry
re

G’day Terry,

Have you defined a zone that encompasses all your PCs and your router?

If so, is this zone used in any global rules?

Global rules will allow intercommunication between devices within the defined zone?

To define a zone :
FIREWALL → COMMNON TASKS → MY NETWORK ZONES

To create a global rule using this zone :
FIREWALL → COMMON TASKS → STEALTH PORTS WIZARD
In the Stealth Ports Wizard, click NEXT
Ensure that "I would like to trust an existing “My Network Zones” and select your zone in the dropdown list
Click FINISH

To view the global rules, click FIREWALL → ADVANCED → NETWORK SECURITY POLICY → GLOBAL RULES (TAB)

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ewen.

You seem to have a different version of Comodo to me. I have (confusingly) “Version : 2.4.19.185 COMODO Certified Applications Database Version : 3.0”

I couldn’t find the paths you mention. But you did set me on the right path. I ended up with a rule “ALLOW IP IN or OUT FROM IP[ANY] TO IP Zone: [LAN] - 10.0.0.0/10.255.255.255 WHERE IPPORTO IS ANY”. It works. Have I got it right? Is “ALLOW IP …” correct? I didn’t know what protocol to use here.

All the machines on the LAN have addresses “10.1.1.x” Is there any point in restricting the range?

It did help.

Terry

[my book, on the back cover, in big friendly letters, has the words “Don’t Panic”]

Hey Terry,

Where you have “10.0.0.0/10.255.255.255”, you should change this to “10.1.1.1/10.1.1.255”. This will restirct allowed connections to devices that have the same subnet (10.1.1.X), rathert than allowing anything with an address that starts with a 10 to connect.

Where you have version 2.4.19.185, you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY should have a look at version 3 of CIS (Comodo Internet Security). Your version of CFP (Comodo Firewall Pro) is a firewall with some HIPS-like components, whereas CIS is a firewall with a full HIPS module and a vastly upgraded anti-malware (anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-whatever) component.

It’s well worth a look.

Cheersm

P.S> Good luck in the cricket. You guys may actually have a chance at beating us this year. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ewen.

I have followed both of your suggestions.
All seems to be working fine now.

I see some of queries on this forum have [Resolved] on them, and I guess I should be doing that now, but I have forgotten/never knew how to do this. What do I do?

Terry

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear it’s working for you.

You don’t have to worry about marking it as resolved, as this is usually done by the moderators. As the original poster, you can do this if you want, though. To do this, scroll up to your original post and click the MODIFY button. This will re-open your original post. Modify the topicv title by adding [RESOLVED] at the end of the topic title and click SAVE. The appended [RESOLVED] will now be added to all threads within the topic.

Cheers,

P.S> So much for you guys having a “chance” at beating us at cricket. Our lot might have a chance of catching the bus to the next game. LOL