can't access the .com website

Just reporting back on connection issues (maybe these should be hived off to a separate thread?) The download issues do seem to be IPv6 related. Some Comodo sites are IPv6 enabled - personalfirewall.comodo.com, forums.comodo.com etc. Other parts aren’t - download.comodo.com, comodo.com etc. This seems to be causing some connections issues, for me at least, when connecting with dual stack.

1. одобрям’с :-TU

Welcome to comodo.ru

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what this means.

Yes, it is called cybersquatting (RU) or domain squatting. Have you not seen this before?

It’s slang and essentially means he agrees with you.

!H agrees with me? That’s difficult to believe. :smiley: What’s the catch Rad?

PS Thanks for the translation. :)

Russian humour. :slight_smile:
!ot!
Radaghast, Whence such knowledge of Russian language? :-TU

kail

My sense of humor - good, not evil. :slight_smile:

The meaning of my replicas: if COMODORUS was the official representative of the COMODO GROUP, then COMODORUS paid 1,000 euros for the domain comodo.ru (not comodorus.ru)

kail agrees with me?

Well, since Comodo themselves didn’t pay the cyber squatters for COMODO.RU, then I’m not sure why COMODORUS.RU would either. The issue, after all, might be more than a financial one. For all I know, Comodo might have forbidden it. But, this is merely speculation on my behalf. I don’t actually know.

Well,
topic
closed: Открытие Российского представительства. (с) MikhailD

!ot! P.S.:

[i]"All of Us is characters of moves about war
Or about first fly to moon
Or about life of lonely hearts
Every move have it’s own end

There isn’t anyone to pity, isn’t anyone
Neither you nor me or his
There isn’t anyone to pity, isn’t anyone
Neither you nor me or his
(x2)

There aren’t friends and buddies
There aren’t enemies and traitors
Many of us don’t want to live anymore
All of us ■■■■■■■■■■ or is masturbated.

(x2 refrain)"[/i]

(c) гр.Ленинград

// offtopic begin
kail, it would be too-ooo… difficult to translate accurately. :slight_smile:
The verb “Одобрям” (odobryam) and its opposite “Осуждам” (osuzhdam) (both intentionally misspelled) stands for “We endorse this [something]” and “We condemn this [something]” respectively. This was initially perestroika time satirical miniature work about social and political life and the way of decision-making by the soviet executives of all levels and about of “unconditional acceptance of the Soviet people with these decisions”. This work was written by Mikhail Mishin and brought to public by popular comedian Gennady Khazanov. Both verbs “одобрям” and “осуждам” (especially “одобрям”) rapidly became very well recognizable memes. The old style spelled noun “одобрямс” stands for “some sort of [political] (usually, but not the only) environment, where everyone is always одобрям”
You may check this Google-translated (surprisingly, almost accurate) original text to get some sense. And, of course, this video (sorry, kail, only in Russian) :slight_smile:
// offtopic end
In brief, there is absolutely no offense of any kind in !H’s comment, but some very slightly audible sarcasm. :slight_smile:

!H, I think, it would be way better, if you would write your comments in more recognizable and understandable by international community manner and wouldn’t put those readers (and especially moderators), who can’t speak Russian in a difficult position. Thanks in advance.

PS.

Topic was closed by topic-starter.

Thanks ntoskrnl.

H!, your approval is APPROVED. :slight_smile:

Yes, I know. But, I do not know why.

A slightly better translation perhaps…

[i]We're all heroes in movies about war Or about the first flight to the moon Or about life of lonely hearts Every movie has its own end

No one will pity anybody
Not you, not me, not him
No one will pity anybody
Not you, not me, not him

There are no friends and no pals
There are no enemies and no traitors
Many of us don’t want to live anymore
We’re all jerking off somebody or jerking off ourselves.[/i]

But, I’m still not sure what the message is here. :slight_smile:

Bordersquirrel

I’m getting the impression (needs confirmation) that the COMODO.COM > COMODORUS.RU redirect may have returned/been reactivated. Can you confirm?

Thanks…

It has.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Without any announcement? That’s poor form. :frowning:

Indeed Kail. People are not happy.

I’m not happy either. This was poorly managed in beginning and now, with lessons learned, it seems to be continuing along exactly the same path like everything is just fine, which… glancing nervously at our Russian members… it clearly isn’t. Very disappointing.

It’s really quite a mess.

personalfirewall.comodo.com - no redirect
antivirus.comodo.com - no redirect
some of the sites beginning with comodo.com/* - redirect, some don’t

I confirm! It’s really quite a mess. People are tired of the mess !!!

https://lurkmore.to/images/thumb/8/84/Инфа_1000.JPG/120px-Инфа_1000.JPG

Hi again,

I’m working with our Marketing and Web Development teams to get a permanent fix released for this. In the meantime I’ve once again disabled the redirects. Apologies for their unannounced return which was caused by one of our webservers not having the changes I made to disable the redirects.

Hopefully this shouldn’t happen again and we should have a fix in place soon.

Thankyou for your patience.

Dave

Thanks for the update & fix Dave. :-TU