can't access the .com website

when visiting www.comodo.com it automatically transfers me to www.comodorus.ru. >:(
(choosing another country didn’t help)
I don’t want russian! why I can’t stay on english site??

I’m having the same issue. I can, occasionally, access the .com sites and Request Policy - a firefox addon - prevents redirection - but I can’t download anything from there. I can only download if I redirect to the country specific site. I also can’t download comodo products from links in the forum. Something’s broken somewhere.

Edit: just connected via a US proxy and had no problems connecting or downloading. Removed the proxy and the aforementioned problems return.

I think they were only trying to helpful to Russian members/users. Although, I’m not certain if it is that helpful or even desirable myself. Mind you, I’m only hearing people complain about it currently… so my view on this is probably somewhat unreliable.

I’ll check with Melih on the intention and mechanism of this RU redirect.

In the meantime, I recommend creating a Poll to demonstrate to Comodo the members/users views/opinions on this. Perhaps posting this issue on the RU forums as well might prove useful/informative as well.

Here users have expressed: here
Sense in that we categorically don’t respect this representation.
It is very important to us to know this representation or distributor ?

Sorry for my English, in the first place.Secondly, here’s what I want to say.
The company calls itself -the Official Comodo representative office in RUSSIA. In the central page, there is any evidence of this fact. But it shows a great desire to sell anything. There is no reference to a global forum, the Russian branch. The forum thwarted any attempts at communication, references to the Official Forum permanently blocked by the administration.Product descriptions contain grammatical and technical errors.Site Leaders are not wishes to submit his name. Not provide information about the company’s name and its location. And the main thing!There is no links to the concept of Mr. Melih, about security issues, in Russian language.I think it can cause moraly and materially damage of Comodo.
I ask the Comodo company to listen to requests from Russian-speaking users.

Компания,называет себя Оффициальным представительством Comodo в Росии. На центральной странице нет каких либо признаков данного факта. Но видно огромное желание продать что либо. Нет ссылок на глобальный форум,русское ответвление. На форуме пресекаются любые попытки общения, ссылки на оффициальный форум-блокируются администрацией.Описания продуктов содержат грамматические и технические ошибки.Руководство сайта не желает представить своё имя .Не предоставляют информацию о названии компании и её месторасположении. И главное!Нет ссылок на концепции мистера Мелих,о вопросах безопасности,на Русском языке.Думаю это может нанести моральный и материльный урон компании Comodo.
Прошу прислушаться руководство компании Comodo к просьбам русскоязычных пользователей.

I’m really not sure I see the point of this redirection, apart from breaking downloads from the .com sites and the forum, the site really doesn’t inspire confidence.

When the site first loads a screen flashes very quickly (first image) then the main site loads. For some reason it has a different icon for the firewall, a Skype contact (really, a skype contact!) and very little information that links it to the ‘real’ comodo site. Then there’s the separate forum, why? I also think using a separate hosting company is a bit off-putting. We also mustn’t forget, a Russian Comodo site already exists. Oh! and the certificate is invalid too!

==================================================
Index             : 2
IP Address        : 92.53.122.2
Host Name         : bitrix86.timeweb.ru
Original Name     : www.comodorus.ru
MAC Address       : 
Company Name      : 
Order             : 1
IP Address        : 2a03:6f00:1::5c35:7a02
Status            : Succeed
Country           : Russian Federation
Network Name      : RU-TIMEWEB2-IPV6-48-1
Owner Name        : 
From IP           : 
To IP             : 
Allocated         : Yes
Contact Name      : TimeWeb Co. Ltd. Role Account
Address           : 51K-410, Obukhovskoy oborony pr., 192148, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Email             : support[at]timeweb.ru
Abuse Email       : abuse[at]timeweb.ru
Phone             : +8 800 3331081
Fax               : 
Whois Source      : RIPE NCC
Host Name         : 
Resolved Name     : 

Order             : 2
IP Address        : 92.53.122.2
Status            : Succeed
Country           : Russian Federation
Network Name      : RZT-TimeWeb
Owner Name        : TimeWeb Co. LTD
From IP           : 92.53.120.0
To IP             : 92.53.127.255
Allocated         : Yes
Contact Name      : Network Admins  RZT-SERVICE
Address           : 191011 Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Lomonosova sq. 1
Email             : rztncc[at]sysadmins.spb.ru
Abuse Email       : 
Phone             : +78123142643
Fax               : 
Whois Source      : RIPE NCC
Host Name         : 
Resolved Name     : bitrix86.timeweb.ru

If I didn’t know better, I’d say the site looks and feels like a scam and seventeen pages of discussion must raise some flags?

Seriously, if you want to do country redirects - I really wish you wouldn’t - do it properly and don’t break download links form the main site when doing so.

[attachment deleted by admin]

+1 :-TU

Feel free to go ahead and create one. Right now I’m not sure how many countries are affected, is it just Russia? I think there’s also two parts to this:

1. Do you want to be redirected to a country specific site
  2. Do you want downloads blocked form the .com domain

In the meantime, I recommend reading the classic Russian literature, such as:

“The Golden Calf” Ilya Il’f, Evgenij Petrov, 1930.

Part II: Two Combinators

1. Horns And Hooves

Meaning?

_comodorus.ru — fake (office “Horns and hooves”)

SSL-certificate — fake (“_comodorus.ru uses an invalid security certificate”)

Фэйк (реже фейк, от англ. fake — подделка) имеет множество значений. В широком смысле слова называется любая подделка, выдаваемая за настоящую вещь.

OK. So, the last two posts were to actually tell me that COMODORUS.RU is currently not set-up to use SSL or, more specifically, that any attempt at using HTTPS on COMODORUS.RU results in an error since the SSL certificate is actually named for *.TIMEWEB.RU (the hosting service).

But, what’s the “fake” bit about? Is it gold plated like the hooves?

All

I’m sorry that we’ve not posted any updates on this issue, but our questioning of Melih was delayed by his busy schedule and then, finally, interrupted by the weekend. We hope to get more answers/clarification tomorrow. I’ll post what we do know, but for us it merely generated more questions. So, you’ll still need to bare with us a little longer.

COMODORUS.RU: They (Mikhail) are Comodo’s partner and representative, who will be promoting Comodo’s desktop security products in Russia.

COMODO.COM to COMODORUS.RU re-direction: It seemed that Melih was not specifically aware of this issue.

That’s all we have for the moment. You now know what we know.

Hello, tell, please, comodorus it only the distributor or the distributor with the rights and powers of the official representative of company Comodo in Russia? And why mister Melih named comodorus only only the partner and didn’t name Unisoft official representative office Comodo in Russia? The matter is that at us to Russia company Unisoft, mister Melih haven’t presented us that any acknowledgement that Unisoft has powers of the official representative, therefore we don’t believe this company that it has such exclusive rights and powers officially to represent dear company Comodo to Russia, and on our questions on it the management comodorus sends us to tax inspection of a city of Moscow. And in general we very much aren’t happy as a management comodorus ourselves conducts in relation to us - to patriots of company Comodo which all of us very strongly love and we respect and about which very strongly we worry. Esteem our posts on Russian branch of international forum Comodo and you will see as they with us ranks of official representative office Comodo in Russia which it is necessary to deserve the fair and decent relation to the presents and the future users of products of safety Comodo communicate unworthy. Company Comodo public relations shouldn’t be such bad as it very strongly harms to image and reputation of company Comodo in Russia. In general to us it is not clear, why on a site comodorus and on a site comodo.com till now there is no concrete official information on the one who exactly has powers of official representative office Comodo in Russia and in general is or not in Russia such representation with the legal rights and also why comodorus compulsorily translates all of us on the site from an official site comodo.com and deprives of us access to it and also why at comodorus isn’t present SSL - the certificate which is company Comodo card. We ask and we wait, that dear sir Melih or company Comodo press-service have answered all our questions that there were no half-words, misunderstanding and that there was no harm of company Comodo. And in general it is necessary to make very present and really official representative office Comodo in Russia with SSL - the certificate that people believed that this present, instead of false Comodo which we here in Russia all very much love, we appreciate and we respect. Also transfer, please, to mister Melihu that he didn’t forget us! :slight_smile: Здравствуйте, скажите, пожалуйста, comodorus - это только дистрибьютер или дистрибьютер с правами и полномочиями оф.представительства компании Comodo в России ? И почему господин Мелих назвал comodorus всего лишь только партнёром и не назвал Unisoft оф.представительством компании Comodo в России ? Дело в том, что у нас в России ни компания Unisoft , ни сам господин Мелих не представили нам никакого подтверждения того, что Unisoft имеет полномочия оф.представителя, поэтому мы и не верим этой компании в то, что она имеет такие эксклюзивные права и полномочия официально представлять уважаемую компанию Comodo в России, а на наши вопросы об этом руководство comodorus посылает нас в налоговую инспекцию города Москвы. Мы очень недовольны как руководство comodorus ведёт себя по отношению к нам - патриотам компании Comodo, которую мы все очень сильно любим, уважаем и за которую очень сильно переживаем. Почитайте наши посты на русской ветке международного форума Comodo и Вы сами увидите как они с нами общаются недостойно звания официального представительства Comodo в России, которое надо заслужить честным и порядочным отношением к настоящим и будущим пользователям продуктов безопасности Comodo. Public Relations компании Comodo не должен быть таким плохим, так как это очень сильно вредит имиджу и репутации компании Comodo в России. Нам непонятно, почему на сайте comodorus и на оф.сайте comodo.com до сих пор нет конкретной официальной информации о том, кто именно имеет полномочия официального представительства компании Comodo в России и вообще есть или нет в России такое представительство с юридическими правами, а также почему comodorus принудительно переводит нас всех на свой сайт с оф.сайта comodo.com и лишает нас свободного доступа к нему, а также почему у comodorus нет SSL - сертификата, который является визитной карточкой компании Comodo. Мы просим и ждём, чтобы уважаемый господин Мелих или пресс-служба компании Comodo ответили на все наши вопросы, чтобы не было никаких недомолвок, недоразумений и чтобы не было никакого вреда компании Comodo. И вообще надо сделать очень настоящее и действительно официальное представительство компании Comodo в России с SSL - сертификатом, чтобы люди верили, что оно настоящее, а не фальшивое Comodo, которое мы здесь в России все очень любим, ценим и уважаем. И передайте, пожалуйста, господину Мелиху, чтобы он нас не забывал ! :slight_smile:

Hi Leonid

I understand the issues that you have raised and have noted your concerns. I have passed these on to Melih and I am currently awaiting a response. Being the weekend though, I do not expect a full response until Monday (probably, late afternoon your time) at the earliest.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

| It is very important for us, Russian users. I fully support the Leonid.

Это очень важно для нас,русских пользователей. Я полностью поддерживаю Леонида.

| It is very important for us, Russian users. I fully support the Leonid.
+1

Hello kail! In this topic you have informed that Mikhail it is the partner and the official representative, but why then: 1) about this official representation there is no official information on an official site of company Comodo where there is an information only that company Comodo has representations in: Washington, United Kingdom, India, Japan, Italy, Israel; 2) mister Melih in the topic on Russian branch of international forum Comodo named Michael only the partner and hasn’t confirmed that it (Mikhail) is also official representative office Comodo in Russia; 3) when we have asked to Michael a question on it, namely who is official representative office Comodo in Russia its employee Glory has answered us, what this limited liability company “ИСД” and when we also have asked it where it is it has directed us that we could learn about it in 46th tax inspection of a city of Moscow? It is very big disorder in such important, responsible and big affairs and casts a shade on the Russian representative office Comodo in Russia and on company Comodo. So shouldn’t be, because the present and future users should trust подуктам safety of company Comodo, and for this purpose all should be fair, openly, is transparent and should be very good Public Relations! Why neither on comodorus, nor on comodo.com, at the international forum Comodo till now there is no official confidential section "askthe question to the president of company Comodo " where everyone would have real possibility to ask the question personally to mister Melihu and to receive on it the exhaustive confidential answer as from the primary source. And also we at all should have an easy approach to an official site of company Comodo which to us has blocked Mikhail. All of us with impatience wait for a detailed, concrete, exact and official explanation either from mister Meliha or from company Comodo press-service about the one who exactly has honourable, exclusive and an exclusive right to name myself official representative office Comodo in Russia and where exactly it is. Comodo deserves the best to itself of the relation and we love and we respect Comodo and mister Meliha! :slight_smile: Здравствуйте kail ! В этом топике Вы сообщили о том, что Mikhail это и есть партнёр и оф. представитель, но почему же тогда : 1) об этом официальном представительстве нет никакой официальной информации на comodo.com, где указано, что компания Comodo имеет представительства в Вашингтоне, Канаде, Индии, Японии, Италии, Израиле ; 2) сам господин Мелих в своём топике на русской ветке межд. форума Comodo назвал его всего лишь только партнёром и не подтвердил, что он ( Михаил ) является также ещё и оф.представительством Comodo в России ; 3) когда мы задали Михаилу вопрос об этом, а имеено кто является официальным представительством Comodo в России, то его сотрудница Glory ответила нам, что это ООО “ИСД”, а когда мы также спросили её, где оно находится, то она направила нас, чтобы узнать это, в 46-ю налоговую инспекцию г.Москвы ? Это очень большой непорядок и бросает тень как на Российское представительство Comodo, так и на саму компанию, потому что настоящие и будущие пользователи должны доверять продуктам безопасности компании Comodo, а для этого всё должно быть открыто, честно и прозрачно и должен быть очень хороший Public Relations! Почему ни на comodorus, ни на comodo.com, ни на межд.форуме Comodo до сих пор нет специального раздела “Задайте свой вопрос президенту компании Comodo”, где каждый имел бы реальную возможность задать свой вопрос лично господину Мелиху и получить на него исчерпывающий доверительный ответ как из первоисточника. Мы все с нетерпением ждём подробного, конкретного, точного и официального разъяснения либо от господина Мелиха либо от пресс-службы компании Comodo о том, кто именно имеет ответственное, почётное, привилегированное и эксклюзивное право называть себя официальным представительством компании Comodo в России и где именно оно находится ? Comodo заслуживает лучшего к себе отношения и мы любим и уважаем Comodo и господина Мелиха ! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m investigating this now. It would be very useful if someone could provide the output from the following commands;

1. host www.comodo.com
  2. (Windows) tracert www.comodo.com
  3. (Linux) traceroute www.comodo.com
  4. (Linux) wget -S -O /dev/null http://www.comodo.com

Many thanks

Dave

No, this is fake!!!

Leonid
+1 :-TU

kail
Question: Unisoft & Company ООО «ИСД»official partners of Comodo Group, Inc ?

please go to: https://comodorus.ru

[attachment deleted by admin]