Cannot uninstall v4.1: CIS_installer.msi is missing

Hi there

I’m having a lot of trouble with an install - my previous version started behaving oddly (GUI not starting up with the machine and not being able to update the antivirus) so I downloaded CIS 5. When I try to install I get a message saying CIS 4 is still on my system and I must manually uninstall it. When I try to do this I get another message saying that CIS_installer.msi is missing and the uninstall aborts. I’ve tried revo uninstaller which doesn’t see Comodo at all and also the cleanup tool to get rid of registry entries etc but I’m still getting these errors.

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 and I’ve sent log files on via e-mail.

I’d really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

D

Hello Bumblebee,

Here i’ve answered about the same problem: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/problem-with-uninstalling-t61501.0.html;msg433084#msg433084

This should help. If not, I will send you an MSI package, but i need to know full CIS version

very much appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Please check M:\Users%yusername%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore. When you see cfp.exe there remove, reboot and see if that helps or not. That might explain “(GUI not starting up with the machine and not being able to update the antivirus)”.

Another way of dealing with the “CIS_installer.msi missing”. Download Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.This will get rid off all installer related information about v4.1.

Next step is to reboot and boot into Windows Safe Mode. Then run this clean up tool and reboot back to the regular Windows.

Now you should be able to install v5.

On a side note. Did you delete files from the M:\Windows\Installer folder?