Cannot run AutoCad 2010 after installing Comodo Firewall [Merged]

Hello.
Could you please try to add acad.exe and Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe to ,my own safe files and try to launch autocad (sandbox disabled, d+ in safe mode)
Is it helpfull?
One more question. Is your autocad license standalone or network?

Hi,

Autocad is standalone.
I added Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe to ,my own safe files, I could not add acad.exe as it is already a safe file and disabled sandbag. D+ in safe mode.
This did not help, Acad did not load.

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just had success with another guard32 afflicted application using these settings. Could someone try please with Acad?

Best wishes

Mouse

PS the licensing service was already an installer/updater which grants wider privs than a ‘safe file’ - including exemption from auto sandboxing. So it’s probably better to revert it to that status. Was worth trying though!

hello rodpal and mouse
same problem and perhaps a new one
I received an .dwg from an associate and i can open it but not save it… :o:'(
i explain , i save it in a folder, apparently autocad save it but when i want to find it on the HDD, nothing
if i want to save it again, autocad see it but under explorer, nothing
crazy , no

mouse, i did your test
“via ‘add a program to the sandbox’) sandboxed, unrestricted, not virtualised. This should leave all your files in the normal place.”
and nothing, always same problem, does not want to open ACAD
i go to try to continue with V4 and help you but as said rodpal, if i can’t save my jobs, i will move back to the previous version
goodluck

Hello
forget the problem for save .DWG
the problem came from me O0
but for ACAD, , need to continue to start it by manual sandbox :-
i stay at your disposition for solve the problem :wink:

Hi Breizh,

I have just checked and I have the same problem.
When running acad in the sandbox I could not find saved dwg files with explorer.
This seems to be a problem with using the sandbox.
If I disable guard32.dll and run acad then I can save files and see them with explorer.

Regards

If virtualised you will probably find them in c:\vritualroot<app name><data file path>. It is a hidden folder, so you will need to turn on viewing of hidden files in Explorer ~ Folder Options ~ View.

This is why I was hoping running unvirtualised unrestritcted would help. Cannot remember now have we tried unvirtualised and limited? That would get over this problem if it works.

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi,

When in acad, sandboxed, save the drawings in the default folder.
C:\VritualRoot\acad.exe\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010
As part of a temporary workaround I have installed a shortcut on my desktop to this folder.
One click displays the files saved.

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

Good plan!

Mouse

hi everyone , and i want to say that you are doing a very great job trying to solve autocad start-up problem…
i just want to ask if anyone managed to install comodo firewall on windows7 ultimate along with acad2011 and 3dmax2011 without having any problems…?

because i am planing to install comodo on windows7 and upgrade to autocad 2011 and 3dmax 2011…

thank you all ,

2011 (trial version) worked for me, with no specific settings needed, but on XP SP3 (32bit)

Mouse

Hello
“good plan, good plan…”, :-[it’s worth than to live with my ex ;D
now we need to adapt our work to comodo and not the opposite, hummm :-
but it’s ok, i use your soft for a while without problem, i can do my part for help you :smiley:
now under W7, i don’t know
all my scan and printer don’t have Vista Driver and 64b management (thanks Canon >:(), and XP is a really good horse without “stupid gadget”
Now, i don’t know if Mouse will find the problem for V4
I changed on V4 few weeks ago and ACAD didn’t start, 1 hour after i came back under the previous version and the problems disapears
now , what are the big difference in analyse and protectionbetween V4 and the previous, i don’t know (Mouse should know) but i go to keep V4 for try to help you
Mouse will find :-TU :wink:

Hello ;D :frowning: :-[ :-
:‘( :’( :‘(
I don’t know if that come from my computer or comodo but i have a new problem
I wanted to copy some objects from one layer in Document “A.dwg” to the document “B.dwg”
ACAD copy them in A but when i open the document B, there’s nothing in memory, nothing to paste
No transfer possibility,Rodpal, Do you have the same problem?
if i don’t find a solution quickly, i will need to move back to the previous version because i need to copy 5-6 layer From A
Sorry Mouse
:’(

hello everyone , i have a good new but on windows7 , i already downloaded and installed autocad 2011 and 3dmax 2011 on windows7 ultimate ,and as for security i installed avira free as anti-virus , comodo as a firewall and threat-fire as a anti-virus . i test everything related to auto-cad start-up and as well 3dmax , and i found no problem at all…

so maybe this is another solution . i know it is bit expensive , but on any way i am trying to help as far i can …
so for all who have a doubt regarding win7, i am telling this combination of programs works fine …

i did not get the chance yet to do more tests but as i told , no start-up problem at all …

i hope you can solve the problem on xp , i know you can …

take care , and have a nice day…

Hi breizh,

I have copied and pasted from drawing A to drawing B with no problems.
If copy/paste is not working (I don’t know why that should be) have you tried saving a wblock in A.dwg and inserting it in B.dwg. This has the advantage of using HD and not the volatile memory.

Best wishes

Thanks for the faith guys.

I’m afraid that some people have reported difficulties with the sandbox and cut and paste. This may occur after using the app. for a while, not ness immediately. I had problems myself, but updating CIS to the latest version seems to have solved mine. To solve this update or try running either unvirtualised or (more likely) unrestricted. We know both won’t work, but maybe one or the other will. The solution of saving parts of documents to the disk suggested above will probably work!

Re a solution which does not involve the sandbox, what we need is clear enough it is some piece of software that prevents a particular program ‘hooking’ (aka installing a global hook in, aka injecting code into) another program.

Of course CIS does this, but as you would expect guard32.dll is exempted. It’s just possible that this exemption is itself removable, but I have not suceeded yet. Anyone know of another program - it would probably be another security program like CIS, which, like CIS, allows a high level of control.

Beyond that all we can do is hope for an update. I have drawn devs attention to this thread, but not yet received a reply unfortunately.

Best wishes

Mouse

Just a follow-up thought re clipboard. It might be disabled only from the keyboard? If so I think you may be able to selectively disable keyboard monitoring by adding a computer security policy entry for ACAD.exe, maybe as a trusted file, and allowing keyboard access under ‘access rights’ (if not already allowed under the ‘Trusted’ policy)?

Best wishes

Mouse

Hello
It started to be a nightmare with V4
I came back to V3.14 and it’s wonderfull ;D
No problem from nowhere
as said Rabea111, i think this problem is not really a Comodo problem
V4 is for the new system, with W7 and, apparently , there’s no problem at all
Now, if i want COmodo V4, i will need to move to W7
but i’m not ready to move to W7 (need to replace all my toys, scan, printers (no vista drivers) and after lose 2 month for work easily with W7)
If comodo stop to update V3.14, i will think about it, but right now, that’s work so fine and i never had 1 problem with it, why to change what’s work so fine
Thanks to all of you and good luck for find the problem if you find it

Devs are working on this issue… They have asked for details

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi all,

I have updated to CIS 4.1 and Autocad now seems to work OK.
Thanks Comodo.

Best wishes,
rodpal