Cannot re-install or uninstall CPM

Recently, after having to perform a system restore, CPM quit working. I have tried to reinstall and the installation gets stuck while trying to install “C:\Windows\Installer{D968E920-3A49-48EB-BA1D-8964DCDF0CA9}\uninstall.exe /S /UPDATE” The program will stay stuck for hours, and in order to exit it, I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the application.

If I try to uninstall using the regular uninstaller, I get a message saying, “Error Launching Installer.”

Even using the Uninstaller Tool v0.3b, doesn’t work. The following messages appear: “CPMservice.exe not found”, “CPM.exe not found”, and “The service name is invalid”

Any help would be appreciated.

For problems with Windows installer you can use Windows Installer Clean Up utility. This tool cleans up all Windows installer related traces from your computer. It will allow you to run an (un)installer where it was getting blocked because it couldn’t find a needed file or says the products is already installed etc.

This tool does not uninstall a program.

I ran the Installer Clean-up Utility. CPM did not show up in the list of installed programs. When I check my C drive, it seems like all of the CPM files are still in the folder.

What would happen if I manually deleted the Comodo folder, then ran a registry cleaner and registry defrag?

Hi Tbone1621,
Instead of deleting the folder, rename it to Comodoold and then try reinstalling.