1. The full product and its version:
Comodo Internet Security Premium 10 Beta- 10.0.0.5144
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10.0.10586
3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Fresh install, no previous version was installed and no configurations were imported.
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Free.
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step: 1: Run a virus scan 2: When an item is detected while the scan is still going, right click the item and click jump to folder. 3: Receive error message saying to select an item (Picture is attached)
7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
Error message appeared instead of opening the detected items folder.
8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
For there to be no error and to open the detect items folder.
9. Any other information:
Diagnostics found no problems.
That is a bit silly… I am right clicking a specific threat to try and go to the folder, why should I need to left click then right click. It is even worse left clicking on threat, then right clicking on another and it opens the folder of the clicked threat, not the one I am trying to go to.
Also I noticed when the scan is finished and you right click without left clicking 1st, the option is greyed out. If it is greyed out when the scan is finished, why not during the scan? This is just confusing.
Try to do the same with the active process list, you have to select a process before you can use any of the context-menu actions(jump to folder, lookup, trust,etc) its the same concept, though in the active process those actions are grayed out so I do agree that in this case the jump to folder should be grayed out until an item is selected. I have linked your report in the tracker, also note that the error message does tell you that you must select an item so the devs may regard this as by design.
Okay imagine this, you have 2 folder on your desktop(Folder 1 and Folder 2). You want to see the properties of folder 1 so you right click it choose properties, you are presented with the Please select a folder 1st message, or properties is greyed out. Requiring you to left click a folder, then right click then choose properties.
To me that is terrible UI design, everywhere else in the windows ecosystem you right click anything and it will be automatically selected. Right click something on your desktop, taskbar, system tray, start menu items, browser tabs, etc. Right clicking should automatically select what you are trying to select without needing to left click then right click.