cannot find shared space folder link on the desktop

Hi all,
this is the bug (is it a a bug?) report.

1. The full product and its version:
CIS beta 7.0.312140.4101 RC

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
windows 7, 32bit, no SP installed

3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
CIS proactive configuration, autosandbox fully virtualized.

4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
I removed CIS 6.3 using revo uninstaller, then installed CIS 7 beta RC, didn’t import a previous configuration file.

5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
Sandboxie 4.09 beta, MBAM (free version), Hitman pro (free version), Revo uninstaller, Unchecky.

6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: ? Create a shared space folder desktop link
2: ? run Firefox (27.01) in CIS sandbox
3: ? try to download something in the shared space folder (E. g. ccleaner installer)

7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
? couldn’t find the shared space folder link on the desktop, when Firefox ask me about the folder in order to save the file. Most of the desktop files, folders etc…are not seen by firefox, included shared space link. (see attachments)

8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
? Should be possible to see the shared space folde link on the desktop, in orderto save the file I want to recover on the system. I don’t have any idea about the reason why it happens.

As you can see in the attachment N. 1 (firefox running in sandboxie), I can see the link in the desktop, so I can easily save the file…while in the attachment N. 2 the link is not present…( firefox running in CIS sandbox)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The shared space folder should be created by the installer during installation. However, if it is removed by the user it would need to be manually replaced.

Are you sure that the installer did not put a link to it on the desktop during installation?

Thanks.

It was actually placed there by the installer, but it didn’t work (not seen by firefox sandboxed)…so I tried to delete and replace it…but no results. Sorry, I didn’t make me understood.
Also, as you can see in the pictures above, most of the file/folders desappear by the desktop…included the link we need to save something in the real system.
Am I the only one facing this issue?

Okay, this is strange. First, let me rule out a few possibilities. Please reinstall CIS by following the advice I give in this topic. Then, after reinstalling V7, do not initially make any changes to the configuration.

Then open up Firefox virtualized and see if it can see the shortcut created by the installer, or whether you are seeing the same disappearance. If they are still gone reply back and let me know.

Thanks.

Did every single step you suggested…problem fixed. Thanks Chiron ;D

That’s great to hear. In that case it seems this was caused by leftovers interfering in some strange way. I’ll now move this to Resolved.

Thanks.