Cannot connect to myanonamouse.net since latest CIS update?.

I updated yesterday to the latest version of CIS v8.2.0.4508 through the built in automatic update feature. I am running Windows 7 64bit on my desktop PC and use the latest version of the PaleMoon 64 bit browser for internet access. Since yesterday I cannot connect to a members only forum called Myanonamouse,(see link). I have checked via the “Is it down right now” website which says it is only down for me but otherwise online for everyone else. I can connect okay to the other sites I visit daily just not to myanonamouse so far. I thought it may be a problem with the web filter feature in advanced features so turned it off but it hasn’t helped. I visit this site on a daily basis and have never had a problem before and as it has happened right after the update I am wondering if there is a connection. Something else that makes me think it is a firewall issue is that it is immediate, it doesn’t try to connect and eventually time out. I get the screen in the attached file as soon as I click on the link in my bookmarks. Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated thanks.
http://myanonamouse.net/

[attachment deleted by admin]

First I would like for you to try flushing your dns cache by opening up a windows command promt (cmd.exe) and typing ipconfig /flushdns then look at the windows hosts file located in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to see if there is any references to myanonamouse.net if so delete them. After performing these actions attempt to access the website again, if you still can’t connect then take a look at the logs in CIS.

Just now I was able to access the website with the web filter both enabled and disabled without a problem.

Hi bluesjunior,
Not to disregard the advice given by futuretech.

If I click on the posted link, it takes me to the following page. (Screenshot)
https://myanonamouse.net/login.php

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

What DNS service are you using? Try flushing DNS cache and restarting your browser. Does that make a difference?

Thanks for the replies people. Problem is solved. I eventually got connected and found that they had experienced some sort of hack attack which messed with some peoples DNS servers. They have fixed the problem and all is now working as it should.

Thank you for reporting back. :slight_smile: