Cannot browse to some sites with Comodo installed

Hello.

I have been using the Comodo Firewall for quite a while now (since sometime last year) with no problems. Since last week I have been having trouble browsing to certain sites. For example : www.n4g.com, www.ign.com, www.tfaw.com, www.myconfinedspace.com. When I type the URL into Firefox it says “Waiting for www.n4g.com…” but does not go anywhere after that. Eventually it gives a “Page Load Error” with the message being “The document contains no data.”

I disable Comodo and it still does the same thing. I exit Comodo and it still does the same thing. I uninstall Comodo and restart the computer and I can browse to the sites with no problem. I then re-install Comodo and the sites stop work again.

I can’t think of anything that I could have installed or changed to cause this problem. I have also made sure that Firefox is set to the Web Browser profile. Internet Explorer has the exact same problem, so it’s not just Firefox.

What could be causing this? Please help, I can’t handle not being able to check my “vitals” every day lately :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Andre’

Greetings!

CFP doesn’t not have any kind of web shield, so it shouldn’t be the problem.
All of the above sites works just fine for me, and my browser (Firefox 3), is set to only be allowed to use port 80, 443 and 8080 (all TCP only), and then I’ve set up two rules for my DNS-servers (port 53, UDP only).

If CFP is blocking something, open it up navigate to FirewallCommon TasksView Firewall Events. If something is blocked, it’ll be displayed in the logs (that is, if you have a block and log rule).

Cheers,
Ragwing

All those sites load in seconds for me. It is not Comodo. What other security are you running? Have you done your Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player updates?