Can’t safely remove any removable drive
It started after installing CAV on my machine , i just can’t get that functionality to work anymore.
- What you did:
I did what I do with any flash drive when I’m done with it , I tried to safely remove it from my computer , using the default way
- What actually happened or you actually saw:
A dialog message telling me that there is a program is still accessing the drive!
- What you expected to happen or see:
I was expecting to be able to safely remove the drive without any problems !!!
- How you tried to fix it & what happened:
well, I didn’t blame CAV in the first place so I tried unlocker.exe to see if there is any handles that I can unlock so that i can safely remove the drive , but there wasn’t , besides , I tried disabling CAV , D+ and FW with no success at all !!
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?:
- Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link:
has nothing to do with anything else other than CAV
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
insert your flash drive and do your normal job with it , opening documents , copying or pasting , and when you are done , try to safely remove it! you will see the error.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
the reason is CAV because when I uninstalled it , the issue was gone with it
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
I did change some settings regarding D+ but it has nothing to do with it , since I did confirm that the major factor of this issue or let’s say " the problematic one " is CAV
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV =
safe mode , on , safe mode & stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
windows xp , sp3 , 32bit , Administrator
- Other security and utility software installed:
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
No, it was on my real machine
I hope that this bug gets fixed quickly , so that I can reinstall CAV
thanks in advance