Can not get help after 2 weeks trying to sort this

Hi
Im using comodo firewall which i really like as my computer and internet speed seems faster.
The problem i have is sharing the usb sagem modem tiscali connection with xbox 360 live it worked fine using sygate which im sure allowed ics anyway.I connect the xbox to the xp pc ethernet socket which is a reltek nic card using a crossover wire.Comodo allows me to connect to xbox live when i turn off network monitor which i do not think is a good idea could be wrong not sure, so i know i need to set up comodo to allow my xbox live connection through.There is a guide on the comodo forum which ive tried to follow
without much luck.I have some ip addresses which include the one my xbox shows the one from my computer and ethernet card on my pc its just knowing how to configure the firewall protocals etc.I know i need to make a new trusted network would this trusted network be my ethernet card or my pc or xbox?
I really would like to keep this firewall as its highly rated and seem very light on my system resources can anyone please help
THANK YOU
Damian

Hi there,
great to see that you won’t give up. Comodo is cerainly worth it.
Here’s what I’d suggest you should do (sorry if that is what you’ve tried already - in that case we’ll figure out something else). And yes, you’re right. It’s not a god idea to turn off the NM as it is the very heart of CPF.

• go to SECURITY / TASKS and use the “Define a new trusted network wizard”
  • as far as I see it you’re new trusted network should be the Xbox

If this doesn’t help we’ll need some more info and sort you out.
Keep up your spirits.
Cheers,
grampa.

dame666 I had pmed you, some days ago, asking you about the configuration of you network. You must create a trusted zone between your pc (the IP of the ethernet card that comunicates with the XBox) and your XBox.

Thank for response sent a few private messages to you some how you do not seem to have got them so im going to attach some log files and a ipconfig/all also i assume i get my xbox ip ffom the editing part of testing the xbox live connection test would this be right.Here we go
Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : FAMILY Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-15-58-60-FC-73PPP adapter Tiscali Broadband: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : xx.xx.xx.xx Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : xx.xxx.xx.xxx DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : xx.xxx.xxx.xxx xx.xxx.xxx.xxx NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
this is the ip address that shows on my xbox 360 in auto connect 169.254.165.155

[Mod edit]: I modified your post for protecting your privacy :wink:

Thanks Grandpa
Have tried a that several times im not doing things right i need it put very simply in terms of what i need to do ive asked for help on other forums and directed people to the xbox 360 tutorial but they seem to think its a pain im sure its not if its put into very simple language
THANK YOU

Hey dame,

I did not receive any pm ???. Maybe it is a malfuction of the forum. ???

Can you try this?
Go at Add/Remove/Modify a zone. Remove the zones that are there and then select Add.
Zone Name = Xbox zone
Start Range = 169.254.165.0
End Range = 169.254.165.255
Then use the wizard Define a New Trusted Network to add your new Xbox zone in the trusted ones.

Please report back to let us know.

Hi
Tried your idea still no luck the xbox address above is from the automatic connection so i had a look at manual connection set up and found this ip address under manual settings 88.105.95.208 i have not changed anything hope this might help.Ive followed the xbox 360 as best as possible for ports 88 and 3074
THANKS

Are you using a media Center based Pc?
I made a research and microsoft added a new article on 25.04.2007 about Xbox and Media center pcs. I updated the guide https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4408.msg32903.html#msg32903

Please take a look and give it a try.

Hi
Yes i do have windows media center tried your advice but still can not get pass ip adress on xbox live conection test as for the links i think im way out of my league with this firewall think i might stick with sygate which works fine with xbox live just have to put up with it slowing my system a bit
Thank you for all your help

Hi Dame666,

Have you added all 4 rules? I think that are necessary the 2 general for XBox Live and the other 2 for Media Center.

After that move them upwords over the default Block rule

I noticed that I added a link twice. I will fix it now

Yes i have i must have a wrong trusted zone do i need to set up my ethernet card as atrusted zone rather than the xbox i dont know i found this ip address when i looked under the manual set up xx.xxx.xx.xxx

Absolutely not!!! This will allow lots of users from the outside to have access at your pc!

But you do not really have to leave CFP.
The simpliest work-around that I can think is to let enabled Windows XP firewall (it does not conflict with comodo) and when you want to connect with Xbox simple disable the network monitor of CFP. This way you will still be stealthed in internet and you will benifite from the application control monitor of CFP. ;D

Hi
Thank you very much that idea has worked but i wish i could understand all this anyway i think ill stick with it now would there be a conflict or a heavy load on system resources if i left both firewalls running as everything ive read always advices against running two firewalls.Whilst your about do you think comodo antivirus offers as good protection as aol active virus shield
Thank you ever so much