Built-in Ad Blocker

Hi, just like Avast Secure Browser, Comodo Dragon must have a built-in “Ad Blocker”. It would be perfect when shopping with Comodo Secure Shopping. Annoying ads can happen while shopping. I think that’s a big shortcoming :-La

Comodo did make it’s own version of uBlock but that project discontinued some time ago. You can apparently block ads and oher things using Comodo Dome via the DNS service but I haven’t been able to try it out as my ISPs router ignores DNS changes. CD at least allows the freedom to use your own adblocker but I agree, some adblocking would be helpful in Secure shopping in particular.

To live up to “Comodo Dragon is your must-have online privacy keeper”, it should have tracking protection.

Firefox has it, Edge (Chromium) has it, Safari has it. Dragon and Chrome don’t have it. 88)

Thanks. I’m sorry for Ublock :frowning: Instead of Comodo Dome, I prefer an Ad Blocker that is just integrated into the browser. It would be a more practical way to get rid of ads.

Thanks. Ad blocking and web tracking blocking would be perfect. I think they’re needed for the Secure Browser.

Hello, Emre thank you for sharing your ideea with us, indeed there is talk abb en addblocker we have some ideea for how it should work when we will have a finished product we will announce it on the forums.

Thanks. I’m glad to hear that.

Hey Eric Cryptid,

my ISPs router ignores DNS changes
Just thinking out loud. This sound like a common problem in the UK >:-D If you have firefox or icedragon, try this In firefox go to about:config agree to the disclaimer Change these to setting to this
network.security.esni.enabled true

network.trr.mode 2

When your done close the browser
Now go to network connections

Open Control Panel. Click on Network and Internet. Click on Network and Sharing Center. Click the Change adapter settings option in the left pane. Right-click the network interface connected to the internet, and select the Properties option.
Use these for DNS. Assuming you know which is ipv4 and ipv6
1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1 2606:4700:4700::1111 2606:4700:4700::1001
Last but not least go to command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns

This should work for you. It should be better then your ISP DNS :slight_smile: TLS 1.3 with encrypted dns is the only way to go :slight_smile: Its nice to keep your ISP out of your DNS

Thanks Jay :slight_smile:

I’m guessing this is the DNS of HTTP workaround I’ve been reading about lately. Works well. I just wish Comodo DNS had ipv6 DNS addresses as well but 1.1.1.1 DNS is pretty good from what I read.

I’ll have to try this out with CID when that gets updated. CID and CD kind of force IPv4 so maybe I can try this out with CID and see if it works with the in-browser DNS.

Greatly appreciated the help!

Eric

Herres a good test for you

I got all 4 green lights. It took me a while to figure out how to get all 4 green lights

network.security.esni.enabled true

network.trr.mode 2

It required some digging to figure this out

Hopefully your is too (:HUG)

Just an idea

Google Analytics Blocker. This is from google itself
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/thankyou.html
and add this too. It will complement each other with zero overlap
Try out the google tag block extension,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ google-tag-manager-blocker/

I found it easy enough: enable DoH with Cloudflare (default) in network settings and ESNI in about:config. Done.
But this is quite !ot! in a topic about Dragon. :P0l

Thanks.

Indeed JoWa.

You can do the same in Chromium browsers but I’ve not tested it out yet.