BSOD with Sandbox & PGP Desktop 10.0.1 [265]

EDIT2: given more helpful information
EDIT: I thought my post had all relevant information. Here it is reformatted:

1. What you did:
    The error happened while running an app in the SandBox using right-click run in Sandbox. SandBox was set to Restricted.

2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
    Windows
    Shut down unexpectedly
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF880013C617A
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: X64_0x50_PGPfsfd+2817a
Server information: e8fcca6c-860d-4ddd-aa97-8e4565e17f52

1. What you expected to happen or see: The program was about to spawn notepad to show a log file
  2. How you tried to fix it & what happened: n/a
  3. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: PGPDesktopWin64-10.0.1
  4. Any other information you think may help us:

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: n/a
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: see above
  3. A CIS config report or file: n/a, is it really needed?
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: Mini-Dump attached.

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.0
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: config import from latest CIS 4
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: SB on, D+ safe, FW custom, AV stateful
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7 X64 Ultimate, UAC on, Administrator group member (but neither program is running UAC elevated)
  5. Other security and utility software running: ?
  6. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): none

[attachment deleted by admin]

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

Thanks for putting the information in standard format. It saves the developers time, and prevents them missing information, if they can read all the bug reports in the same format.

To answer your question a CIS configuration report would be useful for this bug as you have imported a config and may be running utility software. The CIS confguration report will give us this info and only takes a few mins to create using the tool linked to be the red text in the standard format.

So it would increase the chances of a fix basically!

It’s not essential however and so I am forwarding this to verified reports anyway

Best wishes

Mouse

Whoops sorry just realise you have given no info about your main config (Proactive? Internet Security?) at all. Myabe that’s becuase it is highly tailred, and not based on a standard config. In which case I think its essential either to do this or to append a config report. The latter is much better.

Also your account type (?admin) and UAC setting is essential. CIS config will give this too I think.

Best wishes

Mouse

Thank you for your patience mouse1.
Is there any way to send my configuration report in an encrypted format? Do you have a PGP key for example. I would not like to share my config/running process report with the public.
The configuration is fairly large and quite customized. I do not think it impacts the problem I experienced but I would of course provide it to help find the problem.

CIS really is excellent. Compared to other security products it’s superior and being a free product it’s even better. So providing detailed Bug reports is a way to help. Thanks.

Yep that’s why I moderate :slight_smile:

I appreciate you efforts to help with this

You can send me a secure email using CSE, and I’ll upload it to Bugzilla directly. I’ll PM you my email address - please keep that confidential.

Best wishes

Mouse

OK moving to verified, pending receipt of your email.

Many thanks for making this in standard format

Mouse