BSOD when doing permanent uninstall of CIS 10 Beta caused by inspect.sys

1. The full product and its version:
Comodo Internet Security Premium 10 Beta- 10.0.0.5144

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10.0.10586

3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:

4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Fresh install, no previous version was installed and no configurations were imported.

5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Free.

6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: Open Programs and Features in the control panel
2: Uninstall Comodo and choose the ‘Permanent uninstallation’ Option
3: Receive Bluescreen during uninstallation

7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
Received a BSOD with the error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFE001B7C791A0, 0x80000001014009E3, 0xFFFFD000203065B0, 0x3)
With inspect.sys being the driver in the stack of the BSOD dump file. (Screenshot attached)

8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
To not received a BSOD when uninstalling the program.

9. Any other information:
After restarting from the BSOD I received an error message stating: $(OemName) Security Agent Count not be started.
Would you like to run the diagnostic tool to fix this error? (Screenshot attached)

Also I cannot run the diagnostic because the software is half uninstalled and clicking yes to the error message does nothing.

This is the 1st bluescreen I have had on my PC since I replaced a faulty harddrive over a year ago. I regularly test my various hardware components and reinstall windows generally twice or more a year, so I am 99% certain there is no issue with my hardware, or windows installation.

I do not have full dumps enabled, nor am I going to install the beta again just to get a full dump. Not only that, I live in Australia and to upload a dumpfile that is at least 500mb big, will take multiple hours due to the upload speed here being so incredibly slow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

It seems to be caused by : rt640x64.sys

That driver is a realtek network driver, and inspect.sys is a comodo firewall driver. Also bluescreenview did not even show that rt640x64.sys driver however it showed inspect.sys.

It seems when comodo uninstalled its firewall driver it caused something with the realtek ethernet driver and Bluescreened my PC.

Try updating driver. If you still experience it then please provide complete memory dump.

It is the latest from realteks official site and there is no point now seeing as CIS is uninstalled. I am 99% sure the BSOD is caused by Comodo because it happened during uninstallation of the firewall components, and bluescreenview shows the firewall driver being a culprit.

I don’t even know where you got that driver from being the cause because bluescreenview doesn’t show it.

I have used WinDbg. In general, you should use WinDbg with loaded symbols.
Also, I am not sure why you’d get a BSOD at uninstallation since MSI is utilized. It seems unlikely to me.

You should note that dump may be incomplete or inaccurate.

Please check with Comodo Internet Security V10.0.0.6071 Beta thanks.