BSOD during initial Scanning (My Computer)

Hi,
Recently I have updated the CIS with 5.9 release. After new update, I am getting the BSOD during every scan. I tried uninstalling and re-installation number of times with no result.

The STOP error is about APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

If any one have solution for this Please share.
There are plenty of topics about this but does not provide a clear information about solution.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. Since this is a reproducible problem it would be worth a bug report.

Can you tell us a bit more about your system? What OS are you running, what other security programs you run and if they run on demand or on access and what other security programs you had installed in the past?

The reason for asking for what programs you installed in the past is that may be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure none of them are no longer present.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

I reported a similar problem to this in November 2011 with cmdguard.sys APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

cmdguard.sys+dbc6 0x92545000 0x925c0000 0x0007b000 0x4eef860a 19/12/2011 18:44:26 COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver 5, 9, 219747, 2195 built by: WinDDK COMODO C:\Windows\system32\drivers\cmdguard.sys

I hope this gets this sorted.

c

Can you please post the minidumps of these BSOD’s that will give developers a direct means to fix the issue asap.

Mini Dump files and a list of installed programs in the attached files.

Vista 32bit home Premium
UAC off
NTFS

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

After updating to 5.9.22… this initial scan problem looks to have gone.

Many thanks for the fix.

c