BSOD [291]

My pc (Dell - Windows Vista) nearly never crashes.
On 28/9 I had a BSOD but did not look at it too closely.
On 30/9 again BSOD. I then saw that it mentioned cmdguard.sys.
Decided to wait with posting untill it happened again.
It did today. Again cmdguard.sys was mentioned
I am adding the minidump files of both crashes.
The crash of today was while working on a word document. There was no connection with internet due to problems with the network (provider solved that just now)
The crashes seem to have started after I installed the new version of Comodo 5.0.
Before installing 5.0 I completely removed version 4 with Revo uninstaller.

The bug/issue

1. What you did: First crash : don’t know / Second crash: working on Word document - Don’t know if there was any background process but sure internet wasn’t working because of a problem with provider
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: I saw a BSOD
  3. What you expected to happen or see: I expected nothing to happen except just the text on my word document
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Stopped pc with power off button
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?: I don’t think it is an application compatibility problem
  6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link: – none involved in my opinion
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Not really but as soon as I get another BSOD I will contact you again. However I am sending you 2 minidumpfiles. One is of an earlier BSOD where cmdguard was also mentioned
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): new comodo version 5.

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: You can’t make screenshots of a BSOD
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: see above
  3. A CIS config report or file.–What’s that???
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: 2 minidump attached

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: CIS Internet security 5.0.162636.1135 (this is the version today oct 14th - the last crash happened on september 30th so if you had an update in between the bug may have been corrected - I didn’t have a new crash since then and we are now oct 14th)
  2. Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4, if so have you tried reinstalling?: Before installing 5.0 I completely removed version 4 with Revo uninstaller
  3. Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS, if so have U tried a preset config?: oops - what’s config?
  4. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: Defense + in safe modus Sandbox on
  5. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 32bit, UAC setting: default - account type : my account is administrator
  6. Other security and utility software running: Threatfire
  7. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
    None

[attachment deleted by admin]

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

Sorry - was away for some time and read posts only today.
I tried to give the information requested.

That’s fine thank for the dumps. Now moving to verified. An excellent report, ta.

Just out of interest were you using Word manually sandboxed? I had a BSOD while doing so in late Beta.

Best wishes

Mouse

Why would I Sandbox Word? Isn’t that a safe program? ;)No I didn’t. At least I don’t think so. My Sandbox is always on but I use it rarely (to test a new program)

I don’t seem to be able to edit and change my first post.
I am joining a CIS report made today (so not at the moment of the issue)
If I get a new issue I will join it immediately.

One more question: In case of a new issue - should I post here or make a new topic?

[attachment deleted by admin]

If its a different problem, please make a new topic. If a comment on this problem please add it here. Editing is prevented so Devs are faced with stable core bug reports - a pain, I know, but necessary. Please do ask mods if you want to make a correction - or post the correction as a separate post with the incorrect text crossed out.

Best wishes

Mouse