Browser support

Hi, I’m Trustfax user and pretty happy one. One thing which I don’t like is your browser support. This far I’ve only got uploading of pages to work with Firefox, cannot get it to work with Opera or Safari (I’m a Mac user). Any plans to make them work?

-Jari

Currently Trustfax will work in the following scenarios:

Windows users
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher including IE 7.0
Firefox 1.0 or higher.
Netscape 7.0 or higher.

Mac users
FireFox 1.0 or higher on MAC OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
FireFox 1.0 or higher on MAC OSX 10.3 (Panther)
FireFox 1.0 or higher on MAC OSX 10.2 (Jaguar)

Safari and Opera at not supported completly currently on MAC OSX.

hi Jari

if everyone keep faxing lots and lots, we make more $$ and have more money to spend on making it compatible :slight_smile:

joke aside…

at the moment developers are flat out with infrastructure improvements… as soon as they re-surface we will grab them and add new features and make it more compatible…

thanks
Melih

I also would like to vote for Safari support. Currently Safari outnumbers Firefox on the Mac (<— Notice lower case ac but I will get to that in a minute) by a fair margin. It is also the default browser on the Mac because it is Apple’s browser.

Now a couple other things.

I emailed support about this and asked if maybe it was under development. Here is the response.

“Safari support is not currently under development. firefox is the only supported browser on a MAC.
trustfax support”

I have few issues with this response.

It just a hair terse and person’s email skills seem to unpolished. Here is why…

There is no apology for lacking a feature. No promise to at least mention to someone that it was requested. Both of these do not commit you to anything but they make the person feel better.

In fact the tone to me screams like it or lump it and that it was bother for someone to type this message. But email is subject to much interpretation.

Also Firefox should be capitalized. TrustFax Support should be capitalized. To leave them all lowercase is not good etiquette and is sloppy.

Finally as I sent back to the person it is not MAC but Mac. MAC is a acronym for Media Access Control (the 12 character Hex address for all network adapters) and has noting to do with the Macintosh. Mac (uppercase M lowercase ac) is the proper shortening of Macintosh. Getting the two confused tends to annoy savvy Mac users because it is a sign of the person being ignorant of the Mac.

I mention all of this only to provide constructive criticism and help you improve.

All that being said. I was happy to see Melih post and at least a willingness to explore adding support in the future. Before seeing Melih post I was pretty much decided against going with TrustFax given the response from the email support. Now it is back in the running.

P.S. You may want to change your knowledge base doc from MAC OS X to Mac OS X.